PDA

View Full Version : FFVII for PS3 is "rumour and speculation"

Shrygue
July 23rd, 2008, 20:17
via Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=200273)

Square Enix has refused to comment on "rumour and speculation" that Final Fantasy VII is heading to PS3 in a revised format.

Website PlayStation Lifestyle (http://playstationlifestyle.net/2008/07/22/the-final-fantasy-info/) claims that the widely-adored RPG is being refitted exclusively for the Sony console, citing inside information, but can't say whether it will be on Blu-ray or PSN.

The site also says to expect a separate port of the original FFVII to appear on PSN in 2008, which echoes other unsubstantiated claims from earlier in the year.

We may learn more from the Square Enix Party in Tokyo, which takes place on 2nd and 3rd August.

wiggy fuzz
July 23rd, 2008, 20:19
it'll be for the ds :thumbup:

JKKDARK
July 23rd, 2008, 20:29
Nah, make it on Blu-Ray.

jrsmaster411
July 23rd, 2008, 22:02
Hopefully this happens it'll be the first FFVII spin off game that doesn't suck cause it's a remake

JKKDARK
July 23rd, 2008, 22:05
I would prefer an RPG spin-off before a re-released game.

acn010
July 23rd, 2008, 22:50
It will be in blueray.... the graphic is too much for a simple network.... hope this game does not suck cause love this game!

Eviltaco64
July 23rd, 2008, 23:38
A PS3 FF7 Hires 3D remake would be very nice :)

Shadowblind
July 23rd, 2008, 23:53
These rumors are re-arising in response to FFXIII on 360. To save PSFinal Fantasy, they may need this on PS3.

Although, considering Square's favorite remake console is DS, well....

Accordion
July 24th, 2008, 00:27
These rumors are re-arising in response to FFXIII on 360. To save PSFinal Fantasy, they may need this on PS3.

To save "PSFinal fantasy" there is FFvsXIII exclusive to PS3. Unless that goes multi-platform also there is little reason for FF fans to bother with the 360 version.

Brings further meaning to the versus of the title.

Shadowblind
July 24th, 2008, 01:23
Which nobody knows about, and until FFXIII was announced for 360, no one cares about.

Versus is another spinoff at best. Getting it or not has proved to mean little to all the 360 owners I know. Now FFXIII was a different matter, and thats why half my friends had a PS3 too.

Accordion
July 24th, 2008, 01:39
Exactly the same can be said for ff13 though, fact is nobody has very much knowledge of either game other than that ff13 will be the normal Ff and that vs13 will be more dark in theme and not connected to 13 directly.

Any hype for one over the other is blind until real footage is shown.
Ff fans will want both regardless

Ps: Buying a console for one game two years away is nothing but idiotic.

Shadowblind
July 24th, 2008, 01:47
Exactly the same can be said for ff13 though, fact is nobody has very much knowledge of either game other than that ff13 will be the normal Ff and that vs13 will be more dark in theme and not connected to 13 directly.

Any hype for one over the other is blind until real footage is shown.
Ff fans will want both regardless

Ps: Buying a console for one game two years away is nothing but idiotic.

Throughout the course of Final Fantasy history, games that dont have anything but numbers after they're name have both been and sold better then games with more wording which usually indicates a spinoff. The same has ben true for games like Pokemon.

Passive FF fans want both, but simple RPG fans only really care for the original. I still don't care much about either, since turnbased combat belongs in Pokemon.

P.S. Thats what I told them. :/

Gold Line
July 24th, 2008, 02:13

FFXIII on the 360 is really no big deal, its probably going to be better on the ps3 anyway since thats what console square had in mind when they started coding it.

And if square enix had half a brain FFVII would be on the ps3 by now.

Final Fantasy Fans: I'll buy a ps3 FFVII remake it would be awesome.
Square Enix: Nah we're not going to release a remake because we don't want tons of money 0_0

wolfpack
July 24th, 2008, 05:30
an FFVII remake would sway me to buy a ps3.... hell MGS4 makes me want a ps3 already BUT this game would make me want it even more, until that happens, ill be playing XIII happily on my 360 as thats the only nextgen console i have >>_>>

though some of the ps3 titles do look pretty good (grid, motorstorm, ridge racer, mgs4, gt5 prologue)

and if JKKDark comes in here and says something about a commercial failure, im gonna smack IT in the face because im tired of seeing that post everywhere i go. (yes i just called jkkdark an it because i still dont know) >>_<<

Shadowblind
July 24th, 2008, 05:35
Bad news, though I question the reliability of the site:
http://playstationlifestyle.net/2008/07/23/huge-apologies-and-regret-from-whoelse/

wolfpack
July 24th, 2008, 06:10
Bad news, though I question the reliability of the site:
http://playstationlifestyle.net/2008/07/23/huge-apologies-and-regret-from-whoelse/

you shot down my hopes of a remake >>_>>

Damn you:mad:

Ultima Chocochu
July 24th, 2008, 09:21
you shot down my hopes of a remake >>_>>

Damn you:mad:

To be honest, I would still believe a re-make is coming
Final Fantasy's are being re-made, and sooner or later VII will be re-made.
IV is re-made, it'll either go up or VII will be next
Plus the ending video on Crisis Core, or secret whatever you wanna consider it
To add to it, SquareEnix said it wasn't done with VII just yet, and VII makes them tons of money
Why wouldn't a remake be in the works? If not sooner, but later, it'll happen.

_X_Zero
July 25th, 2008, 01:30
I want it For my PS3 I dont want my DS psp or anything ELSE !!!!! BLUE RAY!!!!!

acn010
July 25th, 2008, 02:39
hell MGS4 makes me want a ps3 already lol done that and now I have 2 ps3 lol a 60 gb and an 80gb XP