PDA

View Full Version : "Major" PS3 Exclusive To Be Announced In August?

wraggster
July 24th, 2008, 00:19
The PlayStation Lifestyle blog promises that on August 3rd, a "MAJOR" PlayStation 3 exclusive will be announced that makes MAG, Killzone 2 and inFAMOUS look like "NOTHING" (yes, the author seems to like all-caps).

The blog also says it'll offer three hints on Saturday, July 26th, stressing that it is a "new" PlayStation 3 "exclusive." In this case, it's the author, not I, who put those words in quotes — does that make anyone else a little leery?

Right now, all that's up in the post is a reminder that the announcement is unrelated to Square Enix's event over the same August date. Uh, oo-kay? Oh yeah, and they've got three words listed, all of them crossed out with strikethrough:

http://kotaku.com/5028244/major-ps3-exclusive-to-be-announced-in-august

mcdougall57
July 24th, 2008, 00:35
The PlayStation Lifestyle blog promises that on August 3rd, a "MAJOR" PlayStation 3 exclusive will be announced that makes MAG, Killzone 2 and inFAMOUS look like "NOTHING"

They are nothing so they aren't that hard to beat, wont be too bothered unless its something as good as MGS4.

lmtlmt
July 24th, 2008, 00:48
your freakin kidding me right, killzone 2 so far looks pretty farkin good.

mcdougall57
July 24th, 2008, 02:53
your freakin kidding me right, killzone 2 so far looks pretty farkin good.

The graphics look good but other than that it looks like your usual COD4/Halo run of the mill shooter.

cirus5555
July 24th, 2008, 12:29
I recon its a Dark Knight ps3 game Otherwise its the only modern hero film not to be turned into a game It must be hope hope :)

Darksaviour69
July 24th, 2008, 13:44
MAG and inFAMOUS look good/interesting, but I just don't get all the hype over Killzone 2, since the first one was hyped up so much (halo killer? ) and turn out to be bad/average (70 on meta critic (http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps2/killzone)). Yeah the graphics were great but the game played so badly.

And now everyone is saying it going to be great because the graphics are good? I just don't get it.

geise69
July 24th, 2008, 15:06
Maybe it's a new Parrappa! Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!....

DPyro
July 24th, 2008, 16:20
MAG and inFAMOUS look good/interesting, but I just don't get all the hype over Killzone 2, since the first one was hyped up so much (halo killer? ) and turn out to be bad/average (70 on meta critic (http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps2/killzone)). Yeah the graphics were great but the game played so badly.

And now everyone is saying it going to be great because the graphics are good? I just don't get it.

So are you saying they can't learn from their mistakes? It was the first game ever made by Guerrilla Games and was decent enough. If you've played Killzone Liberation you'd know that they have done better with the game.

Accordion
July 24th, 2008, 16:51
So are you saying they can't learn from their mistakes? It was the first game ever made by Guerrilla Games and was decent enough. If you've played Killzone Liberation you'd know that they have done better with the game.

Killzone does get a disproportionate amount of hype.
Perhaps that is where all the comparisons with Halo come from.

I only hope that there is more variety in the environments. The first gameplay demo was great, solid paced, gritty, gory war. The latest footage is much less impressive.

Darksaviour69
July 24th, 2008, 16:59
I'm not saying they can't make a good game, what I'm saying why so much (ps3 fans) hype to a sequel to an average (bad? ) game? If Blinx sequel was coming to the Xbox 360, I would not be expecting it to be a great game.

DPyro
July 24th, 2008, 17:11
They are really pushing what the PS3 can do in the new game. Ragdoll physics, and 'happy accidence' are some other things to look forward to as well. One of the things wrong with the original was aiming, not being able to jump over things etc. They've fixed all this and added extras to make the game feel more realistic.

jrsmaster411
July 25th, 2008, 00:13
hopefully this wont end up disappointing like Nintendo's 2 big exclusives Nintendo power hyped up so much (Tales of Symphonia II, Sonic and the Black Knight)

Shadowblind
July 25th, 2008, 00:18
Hmmm...either the hype is crap, or this article is crap.

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2008/07/24/ps3-exclusive-announcement-hardware-2-concept-name/#comment-7276