PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Issue Wii Firmware Update

wraggster
July 24th, 2008, 00:59
News via ninscene (http://nintendo-scene.com/1110)

Nintendo has released a small update for the Nintendo Wii. Using Marcan’s Wiimpersonator, it shows that the only changes are to the Photo Channel. The version number of the Wii remains the same, and the Homebrew Channel continues to work.

Wii Update Information:

************* SUMMARY OF CHANGES *************
====== Titles Changed ======

Channel ‘HAAA’
Title ID: 00010002-48414141
Version: 0x 2
Size: 6455296
Contents: 4 (of which 0 are shared)

Channel ‘HAYA’
Title ID: 00010002-48415941
Version: 0x 2
Size: 8290304
Contents: 8 (of which 2 are shared)

Homebrew still working as normal eh, great news for us all.

sheridan2000
July 24th, 2008, 18:22
i seem to say this quuite a lot round here but what exactly in english does this upate do???

The_Ultimate_Eggman
July 24th, 2008, 18:25
Dunno but homebrew channel ect are unaffected so far..Troy...Greeks anyone ?? lol im staying clear for a while.

urherenow
July 24th, 2008, 18:43
wonder if this has anything to do with the ISO-running security hole... perhaps the exploit is something like the .tiff exploits that were used on the PSP?

I'm sure not updating until I find out...

____anders____
July 24th, 2008, 19:46
oh i haven't even updated to 3.3, i'm still on 3.2 :D

sheridan2000
July 24th, 2008, 20:36
oh yeah maybe this is something to do with bushing/brushing or what ever the plonkas
names is and the security flaw he found...avoid till all is revealed!!!

Dtjunkie07
July 24th, 2008, 22:29
OK, this probably isn't the place to post this but I'm a little bit of a noob on the topic of wii homebrew....What happens if I mod my wii (something I could do very easily) and then Nintendo updates the firmware..like they did here, I download the Nintendo update and it and it bricks my wii?....Is the wii homebrew scene like the psp where Sony updates the firmware and then someone like dark Alex cracks it a couple days later (or same day lol) and releases a custom version...? or am I stuck on whatever firmware version I was on from the time I mod it and then cannot update any longer? Sorry for this off topic question but any help would be appreciated as this is the only thing holding me back from wii homebrew at the moment........Thanks.

-Louis

Dbgtgoten
July 24th, 2008, 23:32
HA it probably is what bushing told them because why would they fix something random in the photo channel so randomly lol, and whats also very pointless is even if bushing tells nintendo , nintendo makes updates -> hackers download update -> Compare 3.3 and 3.4 -> find the iso loading hack -__- all effort for nothing.

h2923j42n2
July 25th, 2008, 00:09
This update probably had something to do with the 'Digital Photo Channel' that was released in Japan on the same day.

Also, it is very doubtful that this has anything to do with the security flaw that Bushing found, unless Nintendo had already found it several months earlier. Nintendo would conduct a lot of testing to make sure that the update was safe to install for all users. They wouldn't release a patch just a few days later.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
July 25th, 2008, 10:06
Nintendo would conduct a lot of testing to make sure that the update was safe to install for all users. They wouldn't release a patch just a few days later.

bollocks m8 $ony do :rofl::rofl:

urherenow
July 25th, 2008, 19:55
OK, this probably isn't the place to post this but I'm a little bit of a noob on the topic of wii homebrew....What happens if I mod my wii (something I could do very easily) and then Nintendo updates the firmware..like they did here, I download the Nintendo update and it and it bricks my wii?....Is the wii homebrew scene like the psp where Sony updates the firmware and then someone like dark Alex cracks it a couple days later (or same day lol) and releases a custom version...? or am I stuck on whatever firmware version I was on from the time I mod it and then cannot update any longer? Sorry for this off topic question but any help would be appreciated as this is the only thing holding me back from wii homebrew at the moment........Thanks.

-Louis

umm... if you can do it "quite easily" then I'm assuming you are good with electronics and a soldering iron. If that's the case, why don't you place a switch between the PCB and the mod chip so you can cut your mod chip off while performing an update?

@The_Ultimate_Eggman

Nintendo is NOT Sony. I don't recall any bugs with any of their firmwares so far, and the Wii is the only Nintendo gaming device I ever remember getting Firmware updates, so they've done them right since the beginning!