PDA

View Full Version : NEW R6 Xtreme 64G released!

wraggster
July 24th, 2008, 01:32
News from Neoflash:

NEW R6 Xtreme 64G released!
more info: http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,5228.0.html

SPEC:
* 1:1 original NDS cart size
* Support ALL version of NDS & Lite
* Simple PLUG and PLAY
* Drag and Drop, not need any extra patch
* NDS brightness adjustable
* Support Auto Sleep Mode
* Build in MagicKey pass2 function
* Build in 4K/64K/256K/512K/2M/4M REAL EEPROM Save
* Build in upgradeable BIOS flash
* Perfect DLDI low-level support, not need DLDI patch in advance, support DS-Linux directly
* Support homebrew, like MoonShell 1.71
* Support AR cheat code
* Support NDS/NDSL Rumble Pack function
* Build in 64Gb to 256Gb high speed memory
* Build in game accessing LED display function
* Build in USB 2.0 interface, can link to PC USB port directly
* Very fast read/write speed, VISTA USB "ReadyBoost" function ready

http://www.neoflash.com/img/R6/R6_Xtreme_04.JPG

paul3100
July 24th, 2008, 08:41
Another R4 rip off perhaps?

Also no 8mb save so its not going to be 100% rom compatible from the off! & no micro sd/SDHC?

paul

spinal_cord
July 24th, 2008, 09:08
Why do you need microsd? its 64gbit (8gbyte) thats better tham a lot of mp3 players and microsd cards anyway.
And its not an R4 clone, it has no micro sd slot, it's more like one of the ncards, with all the memory onboard.

wiggy fuzz
July 24th, 2008, 10:53

Also no 8mb save so its not going to be 100% rom compatible from the off! & no micro sd/SDHC?

paul

anti-piracy measure? *wink*

b_simpson1999
July 24th, 2008, 18:21
what is DLDI wots it does why is it so importent? and why is it gigabit not gigabite also is Gb = gigabit and GB=gigabite? wot kinda of roms/games use 8mb save? I do already own a NDSTT, but this does look gd but am guessing not cheap lol

trugamer
July 24th, 2008, 18:53
DLDI is a system for homebrew to ensure you can access the filesystem (save/load files) no matter what flashcard you are using- before developers had to release several versions compatible with different cards. A card veing released with DLDI compatibility basically means homebrew support. If a card is released without DLDI support (e.g. the games n' music cartridge) it may not support a lot of homebrew unless someone writes a DLDI file for it.

I have no idea about the save size- its in the region of roms/piracy which isn't allowed to be discussed here.

It may have micro sd/hc support as it seems to have a slot in the top, and I believe the R6 gold is a card supporting this, and this appears to be a version of that with flash memory built in.

A gigabyte doesn't equal a gigabit because a bit is one piece of data (either a 1 or a 0, on or off), while a byte is eight bits, so a gigabyte is 8x a gigabit. Flash memory is usually measured is bits, while SD cards are measured in bytes, which is why you'll often it being pointed out that the memory is less than people think.

If you own a toptoy I don't believe this could add any funcionality you don't already have, except for more memory, but you could just buy more microsd cards

They mention a 256gb model, does anyone know if this is released yet? That would be more memory than any other flashcart on the market could offer. (correct me if I'm wrong).

Dbgtgoten
July 24th, 2008, 23:43
Does anyone know how much this costs the site is apparently broken

spinal_cord
July 25th, 2008, 09:01
probably a lot.

sturmen
July 25th, 2008, 15:02

paul
I believe it uses built-in storage… so it's more akin to a DS-X than an R4. And, if my math is correct, 64GiB is 8GB, so that should be enough for anything, really. Which game uses 8MB saves? I guess it wouldn't work. What I'm wondering is whether or not it'll have motion like the R6 Gold.

spinal_cord
July 25th, 2008, 20:38
I hope so, but it says nothing about it in the descrition and the neoflash site is down, so nobody can ask. It's probably another wossname, rebranded thingy that someone else makes, like mk5 and ttds.