PDA

View Full Version : Reggie: GTA welcome on Wii, but only if it's not a port

wraggster
July 24th, 2008, 01:59
We were just a ... Wii bit shocked when a new Grand Theft Auto was announced for Nintendo DS and not the Big N's wildly popular home console. Still, it's no doubt a coup, but what about a proper Wii installment in the series?

MTV Multiplayer asked Nintendo of America prez Reggie Fils-Amie just that. When prodded on the likelihood that a DS version of GTA might lead to a greater possibility of GTA for Wii, Reggie stated that "GTA on the Wii is all based on what Rockstar and Take-Two want to do," adding, "From our standpoint, if they build a bottoms-up game that takes advantage of what we do well, I'd love to see it on the platform."

We're pretty sure Reggie meant a GTA that's built from the ground up for Wii. Or perhaps he was just getting into the GTA swing of things? If so, naughty Reggie!

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/07/23/reggie-gta-welcome-on-wii-but-only-if-its-not-a-port/

____anders____
July 24th, 2008, 19:42
that would be really cool, i believe the wii can do san andreas like graphics if not better, and with the motion control it would be really awesome!

wiggy fuzz
July 24th, 2008, 20:34
possibly the most sensible thing reggie has said in a long time - porting GTA 4 to the wii would be like playing GTA 3

JKKDARK
July 24th, 2008, 21:16
Of course a port is not possible. Rockstar have to do it again.

Shuichi
July 26th, 2008, 05:33
that would be really cool, i believe the wii can do san andreas like graphics if not better, and with the motion control it would be really awesome!
Um, the Gamecube itself had way better graphics than the PS2 so i'm positive that the Wii which has better graphics than the Gamecube will have better graphics than San Andreas.

AndrewArsonn
July 26th, 2008, 05:42
The wii, a kiddie console? I think not. :P

JKKDARK
July 26th, 2008, 15:41
It has several Mature games, so I wouldn't say it's for kids totally.