PDA

View Full Version : More PSP 3000 Spy Shots

wraggster
July 24th, 2008, 02:00
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/4/2008/07/20080722_c2bbb80a949d61e3eaed2f0l8wystgmo.jpg

A tipster mailed in these additional PSP spy shots to go along with the ones we saw yesterday. Assuming this is real, it shows a black PSP with the new PlayStation button, the mic hole, and a thinner outer ring. There's also the headphone jack with the TV out port which features more arrows than before. Color us amazed. If anything, this says that everyone, from Sony themselves to people who have nothing better to do than to make fakes and seed them to news sites online, aren't really expecting much out of the next iteration of the PSP

http://gizmodo.com/5028404/more-psp-3000-spy-shots

alanparker05
July 24th, 2008, 02:12
If this is the next psp then it is probably sony releasing these shots using viral marketing to get people talking about it and get free publicity by saying nothing at all

Veskgar
July 24th, 2008, 02:44
If this is the next psp then it is probably sony releasing these shots using viral marketing to get people talking about it and get free publicity by saying nothing at all

That could be. I don't know why so many people get up in arms over news about PSP hardware revisions. Every Playstation platform since the original in 1995 has received multiple hardware revisions. What makes the PSP any different?

I found the Slim PSP to be far better than the original PSP. And I think the addition of the mic and the placement of the mic hole is perfect. A lot of games and apps could make good use of that if developers wanted.

I will say though that SONY needs to add more than a "HOME" button replacement and a mic to justify a purchase. And then there is the fact that if it cannot run homebrew, it would not be worth it in my eyes. A couple things I'd like to see is as follows:

1.) Bluetooth Support - Using a Bluetooth headset would be so much more convenient playing online multiplayer games and using skype.

2.) Motion sensitivity - Make the PSP sort of like a Sixaxis controller on the PS3. Would be perfect for games like Loco Roco, Downstream Panic, and could be used in other games to provide a more engaging experience.

3.) Internal Storage - I'm getting sick of proprietary expensive memory stick formats. A PSP needs a LOT of built-in internal storage. Something like 32GB would be nice.

Even if having all that required a price increase I'd still be ok with it. If the PSP was designed with a lot more features, I'd be willing to spend $249.99 on one.

We'll see in time I guess but seriously SONY, give us more than a mic and a new HOME button.

mcdougall57
July 24th, 2008, 02:51
another iteration? thats pretty early

alanparker05
July 24th, 2008, 03:08
It would be nice to see all those extra features but sony is taking about it having a 10 year life so all they going to do is stick on bits like the microphone then as hardware gets cheaper and smaller they might add things like accelerometer, bluetooth etc but i think the most likely thing to come is built in memory because if people have a lot of memory then sony can make the most of their new video service and downloadable games and make more money and if this new one has built in microphone they will probably make a big deal of it's skype features in advertising to get a different type of buyers in

Buddy4point0
July 24th, 2008, 06:24
I still think it's a modded PSP2000.

geise69
July 24th, 2008, 14:26
Yeah all this is is a modded psp slim, and this place flaunting it for publicity. For what reason I have no idea. The poblem about the psp revisions though is it kind of alienates early adopters. There's stuff for psp slim that will not work on the regular psp. It's not like the psx where the revision just changed it cosmetically. The ds lite revision didn't alienate the first DS owners. They were still able to have the same functionality. Anyways this psp 3000 is nothing but a mod.

Accordion
July 24th, 2008, 15:21
Lots of people have modified UMD doors, lots of people have custom button sets.

Apart from the hole in the front, this looks nothing more than a very appropriate and sleek custom PSP slim

Gene
July 24th, 2008, 20:34
it is slimmer, but I'm not quite ready to trust a blurry picture.

christian guy
July 24th, 2008, 21:04
psp's are the best system out of any

noname1
July 24th, 2008, 21:13
It sure is filthy for a new psp (prototype)

Broadus
July 25th, 2008, 00:53
Assuming this is real, how could they be making a new one ALREADY? They just released the Slim and I think the Slim is GREAT, but why would they need a THIRD PSP? Everything they can add wouldn't make the PSP any stronger. They might make component out with video games fullscreen and better-looking and other minor features such as a second analog nub that acts as the face buttons for first-person-shooters but how about actually working on a stronger system now.

andwhyisit
July 25th, 2008, 04:37
1. Any hardware revision warrants a new version number.

2. The version number was never confirmed, it could be a PSP-2100 for all you know. Everyone just assumes it is the PSP-3000.

3. Knowing sony they will just quietly release this model and stop making the PSP-2000. No advertising, no publicity, nothing.

AshTR
July 25th, 2008, 06:21
2. The version number was never confirmed, it could be a PSP-2100 for all you know. Everyone just assumes it is the PSP-3000.

It's because of that image from a few months ago hidden on the official Sony site said PSP-3000. So people assume it would PSP-3000 because...Ya know...It was the closest thing to official.