PDA

View Full Version : PSP Firmware 2.0 Eboot Loader v0.4

wraggster
October 15th, 2005, 11:29
Fanjita (http://www.fanjita.org/psp.html) has updated his Eboot Loader thats for PSP version 2.0 consoles only, heres whats new:

v0.4 : Usability & reliability enhancements
- Return to menu if possible after failed load. NOTE : this is a bit flaky, and mainly designed for quick checks for kernel-mode apps, etc. If something crashes after you ran through a few EBOOTs that wouldn't load, it's worth retrying it immediately after a reboot.
- Experimented with exception handlers for extra diagnostics, but this is not possible in user-mode (and anyway the appropriate syscall code is unknown for 2.0).
- Fixed overflow with more than 19 directory entries - now apps that failed just after EBOOT selection will get further.
- Added set up of argv, argc to supply path arguments - helps for Ghost In The Matrix, possibly others.
- Changed load address to 0x0860000, to allow more headroom for increased loader complexity. Also begun integrating Abu's loader code with the TIF file.

Download via the comments

scx0r
October 15th, 2005, 13:03
ownageeee :D all we need now is kernal mode :D

dman32
October 15th, 2005, 13:44
do the emulators work with this?

DraconumPB
October 15th, 2005, 16:29
I hear that some do...

atvcom
October 15th, 2005, 23:03
I am a V.2 user but i have not got the loader working. My system just freezes then turns off. i put the 2 files into the photo folder in a folder named EBOOT loader and the L.bin in the root as instructed. What have i missed?? :(

multiformous
October 16th, 2005, 03:27
will this have any chance of working on 2.5? or is that completely out of the question?

Festizzio
October 16th, 2005, 04:01
will this have any chance of working on 2.5? or is that completely out of the question?

For now, completely out of the question. 2.0 is still being cracked, and at a slow but steady pace. Then, it will be up to the hackers whether or not they will want to pursue 2.5. I suspect it will require a similar trick/exploit, but one that is far less obvious.
Has anyone tried the Rin GBC emulator on this yet? Does it work?

multiformous
October 16th, 2005, 04:12
I'm glad there has been progress with cracking 2.0. I have 2.5 now and would like to help test out these eBoot loaders for 2.0. is there a relatively easy or safe way to downgrade from 2.5 to 2.0? or is that a dumb question?

p.s.: I don't have a clue about how any coding or hacking works.

Tron_Fan
October 17th, 2005, 05:52
Hey,

Tried loading this tonight and it doesn't work.

Did the following:

1) Created PHOTO directory and put contents of "EBOOT Loader" from ZIP file into that directory on my PSP (aaa.png and run_l.tif)
2) Copied l.bin file to root level of PSP memory stick
3) Created GAME folder and copied contents of PSPGenesis-v0[1].18c to it.
4) Opened "EBOOT loader" folder
5) PSP hung. Screen went blank after about five seconds. Nothing else happened.

I was able to reboot with the power button. Didn't bric my PSP, luckily. Tried rebooting, and trying again... no luck.. same thing..

I am interested in 2.0 emulation and would like to help in testing this. Please let me know what's up.