PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy IV

wraggster
July 24th, 2008, 17:53
Newly released in the USA at Amazon.com

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41G40vOdt8L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Product Description
The dark knight Cecil, stripped of his command of the Red Wings, set out for the distant Valley of Mist. Together with Kain, commander of the Dragoons, he would pursue a faceless quarry―and a chance for redemption. The advent of the airship had marked the realization of mankind's most ancient dream. But man is a creature seldom sated, and he was quick to dream anew. With the unparalleled might of the Red Wings, Baron's military soon reigned supreme. Why, then, does its king now seek the Crystals? And why have fearsome monsters suddenly begun to overrun the once calm land? If the Crystals know, they share no answers―only their pure and silent light.

Product Description
Final Fantasy IV for DS is a must-play for those looking to jump into the best-selling RPG franchise in the world. Four elemental Crystals, each possessing awesome power, lie scattered throughout the realm. However, men are quick to covet things that offer strength, and easily corrupted by the might that they possess. Seduced by the promised power of the Crystals, the kingdom of Baron begins employing unprovoked force to seize them from peaceful nations. The dark knight Cecil - Lord Captain of Baron's elite force, the Red Wings - is ordered by his king to obtain the Crystals, but soon begins to question the monarch's motives. Stricken with grief at his own actions, yet burdened by his loyalty to his country and his personal sense of honor, Cecil at last decides to turn from the path of darkness and destruction. Enraged, the king accuses him of disloyalty, strips Cecil of his command, and sends him off to slay a mysterious beast that lurks in the nearby Valley of Mist. Cecil embarks on a fateful journey that will bring trials, betrayals, friendship, loss, and self-discovery. Train and customize Whytkin by playing a variety of mini-games and challenge another player to head-to-head battle via local wireless connection

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00184219U/ref=nosim/nokiangagenew-20

goshogun1
July 24th, 2008, 18:29
The Resident Evil GC of final fantasy remakes. Truly amazing, and far greater than the FF3 remake from a few years ago. If FFV and VI are coming this way, I am a happy man. FFVII should be left as is though...

juiceface
July 24th, 2008, 23:11
i've beatin this game probably 10 times on the snes, looks like i'll have to play it again on the DS

Kulawend
July 25th, 2008, 00:52
How far are they going to go with remaking the final fantasy games?

wiggy fuzz
July 26th, 2008, 08:26
How far are they going to go with remaking the final fantasy games?

not far enough - i hope to see final fantasy 7 on at least anintendo handheld within this generation at least.

JKKDARK
July 26th, 2008, 15:44
I don't like the cover art used, but of course it doesn't change it's a wonderful game!

mattsaysfooey
July 27th, 2008, 04:20
Playing through it now i like it. Better then three maybe alot more adolescent/early adult then FF3. The emo kid moment near the start of FF3 was fail.
I was a sega genesis kid so this is all new to me.