PDA

View Full Version : how to sort out error 80020148

JABuff
October 15th, 2005, 21:14
hey i wanted to know how i sort out this error that keeps occuring with whatever emu that i use i get it saying error starting game 80020148. i also wanted to know do i need spicific roms for the psp emu??

also any way to get wallpapers on 1.5???

troy1
October 17th, 2005, 01:03
I'm assuming your not using the KX Exploit tool. If your running v1.5 FW you need this program to transfer alot of programs to your psp. I'm really tired right now so I'm in no mood to explain the process, it's pretty easy to firgure out..just download the file and read the read-me.txt.

A Rom is a rom is a rom. All you need to the correct console for the emu to work. i.e. If your using a SNES emu download SNES roms, NES emu download NES roms. There aren't PSP exclusive roms.

Download PSP Personlize, or PSPSet. Both these programs run on your psp and can change your background

sonikku88
February 2nd, 2007, 21:46
I'm having the same problem, only I'm using the 3.02 OE-A Custom Firmware.

Will the KX-Exploit fix this too?

TTownEP
February 3rd, 2007, 15:07
Mine as well. I downloaded the files for a "kxploit ready" and "unpatched" in the same zip, and have tried both, and get the same error. The read me is pretty slim, just info on the updates since the last versions. I am running 3.03 OE-A

jonezybaby
February 3rd, 2007, 16:04
wen bootin the psp hold R and make sure that the 1.50 kernal is GAME150 folder and make sure the eboots go in the GAME150 folder

sonikku88
February 3rd, 2007, 17:24
wen bootin the psp hold R and make sure that the 1.50 kernal is GAME150 folder and make sure the eboots go in the GAME150 folder

Wow, thanks! That really helped. :thumbup:

TTownEP
February 4th, 2007, 03:05
Yeah, after I posted, I went back and moved mine to the GAME150 folder and it worked. It is still really choppy though. I have been playing with all the settings and its still pretty bad.

badassbader
September 18th, 2007, 03:14
but i have fw 3.50 so is there any thing u can do about it

denver
September 19th, 2007, 09:36
i have fw 3.10, some iso games i loaded to my psp cannot be start saying error starting games 8001002.do i need to path some addon?what can i do to play that games

denver
September 19th, 2007, 09:47
i have fw 3.10 and having the same problem,some iso games i loaded to my psp have error starting games 80010002,what can i do to run this thing?do i need to paths some add-on?

unchman14
December 13th, 2007, 03:12
yup i was having the same problem while using 3.71 m33-4 and making sure the 1.50 kernal is in the folder works

swindlerz
April 10th, 2008, 20:22
I have the exact same problem on version 3.9 M33-2, on the configuration is setted on 1.5 kernel and the UMD mode is currently on M33 Driver. I tried everything still cant fix it e.g. dragging it to the GAME150 folder or GAME Folder re install the firmware. However, some emulators does work e.g. UO gpSP kai 3.2 test 8.7, cps2psp .etc
i've found out its got to do something with the eboot file i change the file with % folder to get an icon and if i change the eboot folder with the 1.00 folder it sometimes work. hmm weird...

swindlerz
April 10th, 2008, 20:24
oh yeah if anyone solved this please state solution in step by step format thanks

Twilightknight
April 11th, 2008, 03:11
go to http://www.dark-alex.org/ and download the 1.5 homebrew addon, follow the directions and you are good to go

littlethings
June 3rd, 2008, 20:03
can someone please help me? I bought a psp slim and really want the snes emulator. I have the emulator on my psp but when i go to run it it says error 80020148 cannot start game. what do i do? how? can someone PLEASE walk me thru this? i'm new to this.

someone please email me and help at [email protected]. that would be great, thank you!!

roxfox64
June 19th, 2008, 01:10
Well, bud. What Firmware do you have? If its 2.XX There are tons of downgraders, if you have 3.XX get your self a pandora, and a Magic Memory stick. I prefer to use Desperter Cementario for Flashing a CFW.

abdoolie
June 21st, 2008, 07:46
I know this is an old post but I am hoping someone will be able to help.

I'm running M33 firmware. I have successfully dumped a handful of games in to the ISO on two memory sticks so I know how to make the games work.

However I'm getting the 80020148 error on my other cards. In my latest card I have dumped 5 games, one works and the others don't!!

I've tried the 1.50 Kernel fix and it makes no difference.

Any ideas?

abdoolie
June 21st, 2008, 21:16
I've tried 1.50 Kernel and it makes no difference. Still getting the same error message

turbografxx
June 29th, 2008, 18:31
Hey all, I wanted to thank you all for your information first, and ask a question.

I got a psp from someone who had modded it to m33 something or other. I got a "pandora" battery and the memory card that also has the pandora insaller for 3.xx, by hellcat

I have another psp with 2.71 (not hacked) and I try to use the pandora installer thing. But every time I try I get the same message, "the game could not be started, (800201148)

I have no idea what this means. I thought that the guy who sold me the modded psp, included a pandora battery, but maybe it was just the pandora installer on a card. Can anyone direct me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Bless_you
July 26th, 2008, 09:09
none of this shit is working for my psp
someone plz help me all i keep getting is the same error message, what am i doing wrong?

roxfox64
July 27th, 2008, 12:05
Okay, lemme help out here.

#1 If you don't have a CFW you can't run homebrew.

#2 If you don't feel like making a pandora for your 2.71 then use the downdater.
It can be found here (http://dark-alex.org/index_psp.php)

#3 I'll have a link for DCv4 Auto installer soon.

oruneso12
August 6th, 2008, 12:56
i need help ive trying to get version 3.71 when im 4.05 ive got it on the game memory but i try to install it it keeps comeing up with that error

Mourningstar
August 19th, 2008, 00:11
Im having the same problem....

andreasonline
December 18th, 2008, 19:51
hey um my psp is verion 5.00 or 4.21 will it work on that:confused::confused::confused::confused::
also having same error code help

5N1P3R_HAA
December 25th, 2008, 19:27
because you bunch of bimbos, you have a firmware. you need custom firmware. and if you have cfw then please state that you have CFW

mattstar
December 28th, 2008, 05:35
i have cfw 5.00 m33-3 on a psp fat how do i play homebrew games wenever i put it on my psp i get corrupted data with 1 half of the folders and error 80020148 with the other. wat do i hav to do to get the games to work?

mattstar
December 28th, 2008, 05:52
'and error 80020148 with the other'
sorry the eboot gets 80020148

marc-bar
January 8th, 2009, 13:58
it takes me days to figure out this error, now my game work out perfectly

karatechop44
January 11th, 2009, 20:28
i have psp fat and i also have cfw, every time i try to play my gba emulator it says "the game could not be started. (80020148)

Morgaen
January 14th, 2009, 05:47
Hi, thought I'd my comments...
I have CFW 5.00 M33-4.. on a PSP Slim.. I've been trying to get Final Fantasy 7 converted and running on my psp, and i get this error..
So far all attempts have failed. Im using the PSX2PSP converter.
Another error i get is the C000020 error, but that can be fixed by putting a copy of the keys.bin file into the folder with the eboot file in it..
I downloaded a Final Fantasy 5 iso off PSPISOZ and converted it with the PSX2PSP converter and it worked...
I tried doing the same thing with the FF7 that i had by means of ripping my actual game and tried the default Game ID, and the one that was actually on my owned game, but still to no avail..
I tried the suggestion of changing it to the 1.5 CFW but that didnt work, so i put it back to the 5.XX CFW..
This error is also happening with other games that im ripping and converting.. Crash Bandicoot Warped was another game i tried with the default id and the one that was on the disk...

hope this explanation helps the issue at hand ... thanks, any help would be appreciated as i have been trying to fix this the last 2 days.. :):)

CyberKenny
January 21st, 2009, 18:12
To those of you that has got a 5.00 M33 CFW, DAX implemented a couple of new settings that allows to completely turn on/off plugins from the recovery menu. These settings are by default ON.

Try this:

Turn off your PSP completely (holding the power switch until it turns off), turn it back on and be quick to hold the R button to access the recovery menu. From here choose Advanced --> Advanced Configuration and try to disable the GAME plugins to see if it has any effect.

sjdrifnfo
January 24th, 2009, 04:03
Hey there. I have 5.00 m33- 4 CFW.

Set it to run from the 1.50 kernel, and tried turning of GAME plugins.

Trying to run gpSP and it won't work ( getting the 80020148 error ).

This is having the gpSP and gpsp% folders both in the PSP/GAME 150 folder.

No idea why it's not working, as I had this emu running on an older m33 CFW a few months ago.

Wally
January 24th, 2009, 12:56
Have you installed the 1.5 kernel correctly?
Fat or Slim PSP?

gpSP should run fine from 5xx kernel anyway.

sjdrifnfo
January 25th, 2009, 18:25
Have you installed the 1.5 kernel correctly?
Fat or Slim PSP?

gpSP should run fine from 5xx kernel anyway.

AFAIK I haven't installed the 1.50 kernel.

I used the psp update button on the XMB ever since 3.XX m33 so it automatically updated to 5.00

I assumed the 1.50 kernel was part of the CFW, otherwise how would any homebrew apps work?

edit: Fat psp btw.

sjdrifnfo
January 29th, 2009, 12:29
...anyone?

unrealdan
February 20th, 2009, 22:35
Guys, i dont have long..
im on 4.01 m33.
not m33-2.. just standard 4.01 m33.
qq manto 'the game could not be started 80020148.
ive done everything u said and it still does not work.
its in the right folder. set up right.
no matter what i do it does not work.
if you can help i will be so happy.
please spare time to help me.
thankyou.

Retroprof
May 8th, 2009, 20:01
Same problem here:

This topic is like over a year old, and no one seems to have sorted out a concrete solution? Jeez...

Komak57
August 31st, 2009, 13:20
Congradulations... If you've reached this message it means you've read through quite a few entry's to get here. From my gathered knowledge, I have compiled the following information for future viewers. The information is not certain or exact, so take it with a grain of sand (this information may or may not be correct or accurate).

Keep in mind, i use ~ to represent 'around' and X to represent any number 0-9.

Error 8002014C: Incompatible Kernel
This error occurs when the user puts the file in the wrong folder, or is lacking the appropriate kernel. If you recieve this error, theres a few things you can do to change it. In some cases, it will change to the following error.

Error 80020148: Incompatible Firmware
This error occurs when the homebrew was designed for an earlier firmware, and uses some commands that are incompatible with the newer kernel changes.

When you recieve the 2nd error, there are limited options depending on your platform.

---PSP Fat---
If your running the PSP Fat(big, black, and bulky) then you can simply reformat to a lower firmware. Preferably the one designed for the homebrew (most have 1.0 and 1.5 FW's). Read the read-me's to find out more details.
---PSP Slim---
If you got the Slim because its smaller, had Skype, or had video output cables, then you now limited your options. The PSP Slim FW cannot drop below ~3.5X (unconfirmed exact firmware). If you are running said custom firmware, and still have the problems running a homebrew, then you are stuck. Abandon all hope and continue playing what you can until another version comes out.
---PSP Slim[>Ta88v3]---
Your in deep now. This model means that you probably waited a while to get your PSP and you got it New. This is the Motherboard model number and was an attempt via Sony to prevent modders from playing illegal copies on their consoles. Theres a good chance that if your getting an error, theres no way to play the current version of the homebrew you are running. If you still have time, revert it to OFW and turn it in for a used.
---PSP 3000(lite)---
This is the most recent release for the PSP consoles and is still being fool-proofed. Have fun with what you can.

If you were attempting to run a UMD game or video disc (iso/cso/jso etc) and came across one of these errors, theres a good chance your firmware is too low. An example is Phantasy Star Portable[J] - or PSp (pay attention to the lower case p). This game will play on ~3.9X or lower firmwares (custom and OE) but wont save. This is because uppon higher firmwares, certain functions were added to the memory capabilities allowing for PSp to add content. To fix this, simply do some research and upgrade to the CFW that the game wants, or update to the highest available firmware.

To give a general idea (not exact and can be misleading) UMD Games work better on higher firmwares, while Homebrew Eboots tend to work better on lower firmwares.

Enjoy, hope that shed some light
~Komak

jaz1997
September 30th, 2009, 20:01
can some one plz help me some games work but most come up with 80020148 ive got 5.00 m33-6

apr8
October 15th, 2009, 22:33
if you are using m33 on a old fat psp you will need the 1.50 addon.

download http://pspslimhacks.com/index.php?dl_id=26 (this(1.50 firmware)) ,extract, rename to 150.psp and put it in memory stick root folder.

download http://pspslimhacks.com/?dl_id=141 (this(1.50 Kernel add-on for 5.00 M33)) , extract and copy to x:/psp/game5xx/

run "1.50 kernel addon for 5.00" on your psp and your done.

this is for m33-5.00 on fat psp only. i used it on m33-5.00-6, worked like a charm, i presume it works on other m33-5.00 versions...but you should be on 6 anyway.

sweetguy2008
October 27th, 2009, 12:42
hi i am using a psp fat i updated it to version 5.00 m33 and installed the kernel 1.50 also but i am not able to play wwe smackdown vs raw 2010 game on my psp can u kindly help