PDA

View Full Version : About non-pandorizable 088 mobos

wraggster
July 25th, 2008, 00:47
As you might have already seen, there are some mobos (TA-088 ones, slim models) in where the IPL used for Despertar del Cementerio, Pandora and Time Machine therefore, doesn't work.

IPL can be still run from the Memory Stick, but just those that are signed by Sony, and not the ones that contain a different signature; a problem that will probably block the actual way of running your cfw's, as you couldn't even load on this NANDs the custom IPLs with different signature.

Even though, IPL is not the problem, but probably the mixed kernel of 1.50&&3.40, and it will be the best option to use a new kernel on Despertar del Cementerio future versions.

So, to sum up, new Dc version will not be released till the new Core and interface is finished. Please be patient :)

http://alek.dark-alex.org/

Veskgar
July 25th, 2008, 02:03
Thanks for posting this news. I did not know that there were some Slims that could not be updated to custom firmware. Does anyone know what Slims this new mobo comes on? Is it one of the new Entertainment bundles, the regular "core" package, etc. ???

I planned on getting a couple of Slims for Christmas gifts so I am wondering if I should get them early before the new mobos are all you can get.

From this article though, it sounds like Dark_AleX is confident about getting around this. And that makes me breath a sigh of relief.

I believe more donations are in order for the hard working and generous Dark_AleX.

acn010
July 25th, 2008, 02:26
oh damn..... when did those came out?

yakumo
July 25th, 2008, 06:45
Take your time, DA.

mike_jmg
July 25th, 2008, 17:23
I don't know when those came out, but I just bought my slim last month, GOW bundle, and it is as pandorizable as always

I was thinking that sony would do something like that and that the GOW bundle would be the first non pandorizable psp, lucky me it wasn't :thumbup:

Veskgar, I think you should get your slims ASAP, just in case

djbrotherson
August 4th, 2008, 18:18
How can you tell a PSP is a TA-088?

Sonicboy 101
August 4th, 2008, 18:26
How can you tell a PSP is a TA-088?

To use PSPident v0.3.

djbrotherson
August 4th, 2008, 22:51
Thank you :D

djbrotherson
August 6th, 2008, 18:05
Ladies and Gentlemen

Check this

A guy from consolespot forums named sf4deth has found a way to hack TA-088's

"so i found a process to install CFW on the new TA-88 psp's. If you use DC5 u can hack it. if u use it with a pandora battery from a phat you can break through. You need to make sure it is set to not format flash 1. This works with no problems. I have done it to 4 slims with the TA-88 motherboard and I was able to install CFW on every one and run TM and all homebrew.Just thought some of you out there might find this information useful."