PDA

View Full Version : DS-Frotz 2.0 (alpha) Released

wraggster
July 25th, 2008, 01:24
News/release from Papafuji (http://forum.palib.info/index.php?topic=5291.0)

after a (very) long time, I'm back on this forum with a new version of DSFrotz.

If you like text adventures, you can download the early alpha version of DSFrotz 2.0 with a lot of new features :
- games data read directly from your cart
- new input & keyboard features
- new design & multi-size and accentuated fonts
- user customization via the .ini files
- a lot of drawing and input bugs killed

have fun (I'm on holidays for two weeks, but will be back soon)

papafuji - http://gugusse.central.free.fr/papafuji/

Download and give feedback via comments

Sir_Voe
July 25th, 2008, 05:58
I'm really glad he updated this:). My two problems with previous versions (no quotation marks and the text overflow bug) have both been fixed.
It's not mentioned here, but it comes with a bunch of games for it too. All of the classics.

TechRat
July 25th, 2008, 12:31
This version does not appear to recognize files with a ".z8" extension, which made me sad as I really wanted to play Anchorhead on this. However, after changing the extension to ".z5" DSFrotz was able to find it and so far it's been working fine. Is it possible that it supports z8 games but is just not set up to look for the z8 extension?

Besides that, this app is fantastic. Thank you!

DSmanic!
July 25th, 2008, 13:49
im having trouble loading my save files. Like when i save i can see them listed but when i load it instead just saves. No point playing if i cant save my progress... What am i doing wrong? Is there another command for load other than 'LOAD' that i dont know of?

Sir_Voe
July 25th, 2008, 19:08
im having trouble loading my save files. Like when i save i can see them listed but when i load it instead just saves. No point playing if i cant save my progress... What am i doing wrong? Is there another command for load other than 'LOAD' that i dont know of?

Try "restore".