PDA

View Full Version : What Final Fantasy 13 Will and Wont do for the Xbox 360

Darksaviour69
July 25th, 2008, 14:53
Final Fantasy WON’T be the saving grace in Japan for the Xbox 360

Final Fantasy does not need to be released in Japan for the sole reason that Xbox 360 in Japan is pretty much the equivalent of finding a VII gaming system in America. In Japan, they don’t want much to do with the Xbox 360. They support their countries products and have no need for a American console with more shoot’em ups that you can shake a stick at.

Final Fantasy 11 was on the 360.

FF11 on the 360 was a joke, as far as I can remember (the beta). The game had a install time that was just ridiculously long. The game was known to have a 6 to 10 hour install time. You could not just set the game to install then go off to work. You would always have to click different things every hour or so. On top of having a install time that took as long as a watching the full Matrix Trilogy + Animatrix. The game did not even support Xbox Live features. You had to use a key board to chat, yes a Keyboard how lame is that. There was away around this, you could still use private chat, on the guide blade to chat with people but its not the same, as being able to chat with anyone you come in to contact with. Now you would think that would be the end of FF11 on the 360. On top of all that nonsense the made everyone pay to play FF11 on top of our normal Xbox live fees. So you pay 50 for live, then had to pay another 11 on top of that…LAME!

Blu-Ray Wont be a issue

Blu-Ray while convenient wont be needed. Many of the same people boasting about blu-ray did not have a problem swapping disc in the last generation. Another thing people forget about is when developers make games the usual practice is three magic words, Compress, Compress, Compress. When game developers put games on DVD’s they use top notch file compressors. On blu-ray there is not need to compress anything. That is why MGS4 took so much space they didn’t need to compress a thing for that game. That move alone paid off look how nice MGS4 came out looking. How many DVD’s would FF13 take up? Who knows, not me. It would not be the first Xbox 360 game to come Multi-disc format, and it wont be the last.

Microsoft Needed to get FF13 on the 360.

No one will deny that the PS3 has the worst lauch in history. I (even being a Xbox fanboy) never thought that the PS3 was a bad system. I figured if the PS3 did well then the 360 would be pushed to do better. And that is exactly what is happening. Sony and MS are feeding off each other right now to push and push to become the best.

Now a days well after the internal launch of the PS3 . The PS3 is doing much better, The reason that it has started to sell is because of the price cuts, two major retailers offered 100.00 USD gift cards for buying a PS3. They also pack in free blu-ray movies and free games, and The PS3 is also the BEST and cheapest blu-ray player out there. It is hard to turn down a deal like that. MGS4 also helped to push some systems for Sony.

Microsoft needed to get FF13 on the 360 not to stop Sony, not to Kill Sony, but to slow there momentum that they have gained over the past few months. I personally know many people who have a 360 and were going to by a PS3 just for FF13, now they are just like “well we can get it for the 360 now” . Will this move work for MS ? Only time will tell.

Well there you go, That is why MS Xbox 360 does not need FF13 to be a PS3 Killer, but it did need it. Now that MS has secured another PS3 exclusive what does the PS3 still offer? First party titles that's about it. Sounds to me like there turning into Nintendo.

Via Minimum Wage Gamer (http://www.mwgamer.com/index.php?p=620), Thanks to PhoenixTilt for tip.

JKKDARK
July 25th, 2008, 18:03
I hope it will work well for Microsoft. I want them over the Sony machine! :)

Elven6
July 25th, 2008, 19:02
Not to mention the FF 11 Play View crap stayed on your gamercard even though their were no achievements!

So is their even a remote possibility of this hitting Japan on the Xbox 360? Some people I have talked to who are multi console owners are still getting it for the PS3, not because its supposedly "better" but because they believe its where their collection started.

Boco
July 25th, 2008, 21:58
Not to mention the FF 11 Play View crap stayed on your gamercard even though their were no achievements!

So is their even a remote possibility of this hitting Japan on the Xbox 360? Some people I have talked to who are multi console owners are still getting it for the PS3, not because its supposedly "better" but because they believe its where their collection started.

Where there colection Started??? FF was not on PS firt lol. Kinde funny how som ppl think the first console there ever was was the PSX and the first FF games was FFVII.
And the instal of FFXI on 360 is the same as the install on the PS2.
I Love all FF games, palyt them all except the wonder swan editions, but looking for them.
Still playing FFXI like crazzy on PC and 360.
I gethign FXIII for 360 and PS3, I colect these games, just like I collect RE games. Have almost all FF games there are, even the FF legend games for the old game boy.