features
World's first music tool software created for the Nintendo DS
Two patchable dual-oscillator analog synth simulators:
Four-part drum machine that uses sounds created with the analog synth simulator
Six-track (analog synth x 2, drum machine x 4) /16-step sequencer
Delay, chorus, and flanger sound effects available from the mixing board
Three note-entry modes: touch-control screen, keyboard screen, matrix screen
Real-time sound control mode via touch-control screen
Exchange sounds and songs and play multiple units simultaneously through a wireless communications link

description
The KORG DS-10 is a music-creation software for the Nintendo DS that combines the superior interface of the Nintendo DS and the design concept of the famous MS-10 synthesizer.

The sound sources in the KORG DS-10 come from KORG - one of the world's top musical instrument producers - and no effort was spared in creating these ultra-high-quality sounds. The Nintendo DS's dual-screen touch panel is used to the fullest to provide a feel and operability that is unsurpassed, and combined with the sensory input mode at the touch-control screen, this unit can be appreciated by the complete novice as well as the seasoned professional.

In addition to the two analog synth simulators and drum module, a 6-track/16-step sequencer enables precise control and provides a wide range of musical possibilities. Several units can be connected and played together through a wireless link, and this and other features make the Nintendo DS and KORG DS-10 almost limitless in their application - they can take you places that no single synthesizer can.

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-2pz-71-9g-49-en-84-j-70-2nlo.html

some_guy_named_matt
July 25th, 2008, 23:55
omg, im so excited for this...

[Matt]

jrsmaster411
July 26th, 2008, 04:04
65 bucks!!! this is an outrage, I'll wait and see if theirs a us release is in the future

some_guy_named_matt
July 26th, 2008, 04:58
65 bucks!!! this is an outrage, I'll wait and see if theirs a us release is in the future

its already been announced to have a worldwide release.

[Matt]

robman84
July 26th, 2008, 09:28
Finally! Yayyy

urribarbar
July 26th, 2008, 10:32
Note!
Nintendo DS is only 10-bit sound .
I have Electroplankton- super program but not useless,
because 10bit sound is very noizzzzy
I dont have Korg DS-10 ,but I think it sounds cheap:)

P.S. I have Korg MicroX and Korg KaosPad mini

Penguinator
July 26th, 2008, 10:54
Yeah, I really don't think the sound quality isn't enough for a synthesizer, especially through the speakers.
I think I'm gonna try it, but I'll still use my Novation Supernova with midi keyboard for musical needs (like learning Kraig's Hideout from Metroid).

Sonny_Jim
July 27th, 2008, 02:53
Yeah, generic it sounds crap comment.

I have XYZ bit of kit at home which makes me cool.

(Sorry, couldn't resist to take the mickey out of some eliteism)

Point is, I've heard music made on an Amiga in the Top Ten UK charts, what it's made on doesn't matter if it sounds good.

robman84
July 27th, 2008, 20:29
I have to agree with sonny jim. In the 80s loads of top chart tunes were made using (sometimes exclusively) the 8-bit fairlight samplers and they still sound pretty good today. Sure they eventually went 16-bit, but 10 bits is still 4 times higher resolution than 8-bit so I am sure it will sound great. Hope they don't over price it in Europe.

some_guy_named_matt
July 28th, 2008, 09:12
tried it today.
great [dont wanna say "game" but] app.

[Matt]

urribarbar
July 28th, 2008, 13:20
I have to agree with sonny jim. In the 80s loads of top chart tunes were made using (sometimes exclusively) the 8-bit fairlight samplers and they still sound pretty good today. Sure they eventually went 16-bit, but 10 bits is still 4 times higher resolution than 8-bit so I am sure it will sound great. Hope they don't over price it in Europe.

I do not comparison 10 and 16bit , because my 8bit Amiga 1200 sounds super!!!
And my 4bit GameBoy with LSDJ sound grate, but 10bit NDS sounds like a shit!:mad:

m-p{3}
July 28th, 2008, 21:03
I'll have to keep an eye on this one with it get released in the US.