PDA

View Full Version : Jpcsp A Java psp Emulator for WIndows v0.2 Released

wraggster
July 26th, 2008, 11:06
shadow and mad (http://jpcsp.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18) have released the first svn version of the PSP Emulator written in Java for WIndows, this release doesn't play games or demos and it's just an unfinished debugger ATM but worth a look none the less.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

alanparker05
July 26th, 2008, 15:53
Be nice to see a psp emulator that finally gets off the ground too many made for newer systems get to running basic homebrew then the developer gets to the really hard part of coding it and just gives up we just have to hope this one has some future

JKKDARK
July 26th, 2008, 16:17
I hope they will work actively on it, I don't want it discontinued :)

Buddy4point0
July 26th, 2008, 18:35
I want a java emulator to be built into the Sony browser, and modify the browser. I haven't seen any Sony Browser mods yet, I would really like to.

ojdon
July 26th, 2008, 23:51
How many WIP PSP Emulators have we seen now, that work but don't load anything? How long ago was the first one like this? Hopefully this will actually make some progress...

alanparker05
July 27th, 2008, 01:41
The problem is that getting to this stage is relatively easy but there's only a small group of people that have the ability to get any further and unless some of those cooperate on one project we'll just see another hundred efforts before something serious happens

Strongbadunit2
July 27th, 2008, 18:07
I want a java emulator to be built into the Sony browser, and modify the browser. I haven't seen any Sony Browser mods yet, I would really like to.

yea that would be great. But since it hasn't yet been done no devs want to be the first to try it...they want an example. =[ sux

elefas
July 27th, 2008, 20:25
Good effort and I hope this will someday result to something playable. However I am afraid that coding an emulator of such a complex device (as psp) in Java, it is doomed from the beginning in terms of speed and performance.

Anyway I hope future to prove me wrong. Good luck guys.

kjetil1991
July 27th, 2008, 21:20
keep this emulator up its good