PDA

View Full Version : Project 64 Coming Back to Life

wraggster
July 26th, 2008, 11:09
The best N64 Emulator for Windows may finally be coming back to life:

The project has been on hiatus for a little bit, well probably about a year! With the payments, I have found another company to try. I have re-enabled the donation page to see how they work out. The account creation process is not automatic so I will have to create the accounts by hand. I still have a busy life, things have not slowed down. My wife is now currently 8 months pregnant. If this payment method works, then I will over the next few months look at doing some work on improving the site. Then I will get back to the actual coding of the emu, where I am sure everyone of you would like me to be.

http://www.pj64-emu.com/blog/2008/7/689-project-update.html#jc_allComments

JKKDARK
July 26th, 2008, 15:23
We are waiting the 1.7 version since long time ago, I hope they can finish it :)

fenwick2
July 26th, 2008, 22:00
We are waiting the 1.7 version since long time ago, I hope they can finish it :)
My thoughts exactly. I'm gonna be pretty happy when they finally finish it.

wiggy fuzz
July 28th, 2008, 22:42
meh... i'm perfectly happy with version 1.6... then again, i only ever play super smash bros

EDIT: i was now wondering if anybody could help me with project64 v1.6: it won't recognise my saves, in ocarina of time i always start back in the stupid forest as if i'd only just started the game, even though i always use the normal n64 save system (start, b)

it's really annoying, having to start over. i don't know why it happens.

ZeroAX
September 14th, 2008, 17:56
meh... i'm perfectly happy with version 1.6... then again, i only ever play super smash bros

EDIT: i was now wondering if anybody could help me with project64 v1.6: it won't recognise my saves, in ocarina of time i always start back in the stupid forest as if i'd only just started the game, even though i always use the normal n64 save system (start, b)

it's really annoying, having to start over. i don't know why it happens.

did you try save states?

Grey Acumen
October 9th, 2008, 17:08
Save states is a nice little catch all, but it seriously detracts from the original flavor of the game.

My suggestion is to check under options -> settings and click on the directories tab and make sure that it is set to a valid directory. If you moved your save directory, or the file for the game itself, you might have gotten the paths messed up.

If that doesn't help, then the only other thing I can think of is if you are using Vista. Vista does this goofy thing where it'll protect folders from being modified by programs, which means that P64 might try to create a save file, but Vista won't let it.
If this is the problem, there should be a button just under the address bar when you're in the save folder that says "other files" or "protected files" or something like that, I forget, but if you click on it, it will show you any file you've recently tried to create, if you cut them and move them into the folder where they're supposed to be, that should fix the problem for those files.

There does seem to be another issue, I'm still looking into it. It's not affecting all of my files. Only some of them. Some of it may just simply come down to the fact that you need to erase your old save file and let PJ64 create a new save file.

Ah, I think I may have figured out one more thing that could be messing up your save files. If you've been adjusting your controller profiles, and you've changed whether or not the controller is set to register as having a memory pak inserted, that could mess things up too, even if the game doesn't use memory paks.

Eviltaco64
October 9th, 2008, 20:40
I'm still using an old Beta of 1.7, not bad really :), but I do hope this comes out. This is definitely my favorite N64 emulator.

nyrol
October 14th, 2008, 15:58
Finally, a continuation of a great project.

godsdead
October 24th, 2008, 17:56
oh ausom, my Project 64 is yonks old, then again i havent played on it for time!
i got it workgin with an N64 controler adn everything! haha

=]
i might revive this era from the dead =p