PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial Snes9xGX 003 Released - Snes Emulator for the Nintendo Wii and Gamecube

wraggster
July 26th, 2008, 11:43
Michniewski (http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8115) has released a new version of the Snes Emulator for the Nintendo Wii and Gamecube

This version fixes the many bugs people found with the previous release, and it improves ease of use. Notably, Snes9xGX now has a background, and the menus are fairly attractive .

Please see the readme for installation instructions, credits, and other information.

Features:
- Based on Snes9x 1.5 - superior ROM compatibility
- Auto Load/Save Freeze States and SRAM
- Custom controller configurations
- Wiimote, Nunchuk, Classic, and Gamecube controller support
- Autodetect PAL/NTSC
- Zip Support
- Open Source!

Code:
[What's New 003]

- added: alphabetical file sorting
- added: background logo/backdrop + nicer menus
- added: scrolling in ROM selector
- fixed: switching between pal/ntsc ROMS doesn't mess up timings
- fixed: GC controller config works now
- fixed: freeze autoloading on ROM load
- fixed: zipped ROMS should now load in a reasonable time
- fixed: precompiled dols for autosaving to various locations (see readme)
- changed: GC default quickload slot (to sd) (thanks kerframil)
- changed: default load/save dirs are now "/snes9x/roms" and
"/snes/save/" (thanks kerframil)
- changed: Classic X and Y defaults aren't switched
- changed: if autosave is enabled, it doesn't ask to save SRAM
anymore. It is saved in the background.
- updated README

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

XXXW0
July 28th, 2008, 19:55
The roms save as an srm file with the name as a header.
For example I have a rom that has a header EARTH BOUND. The srm file is saved as EARTH BOUND.srm not whatever it was saved as before. Did u do that on purpose or is it a flaw? Anyway even if i have no saves in the save folder and state folders I keep getting an error saying that i cant save to saves or save states to states.

rzaruvne
July 29th, 2008, 01:23
i dont have sd card or sd card slot for my pc....how I can load emulator and roms of snes from a dvd ?

rzaruvne
July 29th, 2008, 02:23
my wii is modchipped, using homebrew channel can i load roms/emulator from snes via dvd ?

pulproute
July 29th, 2008, 05:44
No need to double post.
For now you can only load roms via dvd using the gamecube version of this emu. To save you'll need a gamecube memorycard. Just search on the forum how to run a gamecube executable (.dol) without using homebrew channel. But since you will be on gamecube mode, you wont have access to wiimote or classic controller, you'll need a gamecube controller.

To use wii's controller you'll need to be in wii mode, but then you wont have acess to dvd. But (if you look at bushin et al. works) you will see that the dvd support is near, just wait longer. I suggest getting a sd card, its not that expensive or you will have to wait.

XXXW0
July 29th, 2008, 19:44
Fixed Sram for my sd card thx anyways.

whYeNQue
July 30th, 2008, 11:28
Fixed Sram for my sd card thx anyways.

if you fixed it, do you want to share with everyone else how you did it?