PDA

View Full Version : SXT Firmware BFM Beta Version 0.2

wraggster
October 17th, 2005, 00:16
Yoshihiro and SXT are proud to bring you

The most advanced Firmware loader ever created for psp

It's been tested to boot successfully :

firmware 1.0 debug unit (the bogus 1.0 update from sony), 1.0 retail, 1.5 retail and 1.52 retail. firmwares 2.0, 2.01 and 2.50 do not boot yet on this version because the flash1 is corrupted when the firmware 2.X boot.

This version is useful to devloppers and firmware hackers.
What's new compared to existing FW loaders :
- 1.52 can now load flash1 correctly (there was a bug on the BFM 0.1 beta that had been fixed)
- Totally coded from nothing by Yoshihiro from SXT. (although the original idea of running a firmware from a memory stick comes from MPH)
- Unlike other loader that patches like 3 prx, BFM (the SXT version) patches them all !! It means unlike other fw loaders BFM does NOT load prx modules from the flash unit but only from the memory stick !
It also means less risks of freezing, and no chances of bricking your psp while playing with your tweak fw (or untweaked ones)
- prx modules are patched on the fly !
- Improved stability

Download via the comments

PSPCRACKER
October 17th, 2005, 00:26
Need A 1.0 Dump ? Please

J sims
October 17th, 2005, 02:15
Does this mean that when 2.0 is supported I can boot it up and, enjoy it's web browser without giving up my actual 1.5 (homebrew compatible) firmware?

scx0r
October 17th, 2005, 02:59
yep thats the idea, im waiting for it :) 2.5 and further would own sony at its own game, u cant fix whats already broken all over the world :) sony will cry, unless they release games that Insist a flash update and check for special features of firmwares, but then again if this works nicely i think there would be a chance that we'd boot into the correct firmware and play. :)

pspfan
October 17th, 2005, 04:42
I thought I saw somewhere that there was already a beta firmware 2.0 loader (it wasn't by Yoshihiro and SXT). Hmmm...

DraconumPB
October 17th, 2005, 06:07
I'd say if it's not on PSP News it's probably not reliable and/or safe. Just an opinion. ;)