PDA

View Full Version : VBAwii update 7.24.08 - Gameboy Advance Emulator for Nintendo Wii

wraggster
July 26th, 2008, 11:55
theinternetftw (http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showpost.php?p=35996&postcount=131) has released a new version of the Gameboy Advance Emulator for Nintendo Wii:

Hey guys, for all the work I've been doing in the background, this is actually a pretty small update.

That's because I've spent most of my time trying to get the new version of VBA I was porting working well. Unfortunately, the new updates to the emu require even more power than the old VBA. This is a shame, because the new version fixes some sound emulation problems and is also a much smoother experience, missing the occasional jittering sound or intermittent speedup problems of the current VBA. The sound in fact is perfect, but right now it's a slideshow, stuck at frameskip 5 or higher.

Anyway, all that basically means is that I don't have a menu system in place yet.

But to what I do have done:

Version 7.24.08

- battery saves are now automatically written to SD Card

- savestates are implemented:
pressing + in the ingame menu now writes a savestate,
an option to load the savestate appears on rom load.
(only 1 save state per game for now)

- the screen has been enlarged as much as possible without changing the
aspect ratio.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

agenericperson
July 26th, 2008, 18:46
I'm confused. Does this version run at 5fps?

Sir_Voe
July 26th, 2008, 19:39
I'm confused. Does this version run at 5fps?

No, it runs nearly perfect on most of the games I've tried. He was referring to a build he hasn't released yet when he mentioned the preformance issues.

glenmcfar
July 26th, 2008, 23:56
Just a quick thanks to the author for the SaveState feature. What a difference that makes.

Glen.

Mini Moose
July 27th, 2008, 07:13
Ya' know... having a feature to load a different ROM without having to reboot the app would be very nice...

Is it really that difficult to code?

m_jay
July 28th, 2008, 02:08
Thanks mate! I'll give feedback here after my testing on some cpu consuming game!

ahhnevermind
August 19th, 2008, 06:12
Thanks for all the work so far!

I'm trying to run Final Fantasy Advance V and VI and the emulation speeds up/slows down, and the sound skips with it.

Anyone else with this problem on these or other games?

kevenz
September 18th, 2008, 01:17
this one is the best gba for wii emu so far..

polishdavid1
July 7th, 2010, 13:41
i dont get this. wat do i do first i downloaded it now wat???

xCryonic
March 5th, 2012, 16:00
Where to download? :o