PDA

View Full Version : Headtracking

wraggster
July 26th, 2008, 12:37
News/release from PaulWagener (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_apps/Headtracking)

Headtracking is a demo based on Johnny Chung Lee's YouTube video.

Place the Wiimote on your TV facing you and hold the sensorbar close to your head. As you move around, the image will pan and zoom accordingly.

Download and give feedback via comments

middle man
July 26th, 2008, 18:57
this is cool. it needs a reset button like the 3d targets demo on the pc, i can't quite get it set right with the manual distance adjustment. but i'v seen enough demos of this to know how great it would be in games. how about implementing it in quake or some other homebrew games so you can literally duck round corners etc. this is what i'v wanted to see since i saw the pc demo, yet no news of any official games that use it. why dosn't the homebrew community use this to show the big boys how it should be done.

bumfacekilla
August 16th, 2008, 19:49
How do you get this working? Have tried it on HBC but just get a black screen.

grossaffe
August 17th, 2008, 07:53
How do you get this working? Have tried it on HBC but just get a black screen.

its a PC thing that uses the Wiimote, not a wii thing.

Fredgoobus
August 17th, 2008, 18:05
It's most unfortunate that it wouldn't work to use the wiimote on your head instead of the sensor bar. It would if you always looked straight forward instead of at the tv, but that wouldn't be intuitive...

Wait a minute, wouldn't it work to use the wiimote instead?? I'm having a bit of physics logic troubles. O_o

bumfacekilla
August 19th, 2008, 01:10
its a PC thing that uses the Wiimote, not a wii thing.

Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up.... so what is the Headtracking folder in this zip for? It has boot.elf, meta.xml and icon.png files inside, like you'd have ready for use with HBC. That's where I was getting confused.

grossaffe
August 19th, 2008, 07:07
Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up.... so what is the Headtracking folder in this zip for? It has boot.elf, meta.xml and icon.png files inside, like you'd have ready for use with HBC. That's where I was getting confused.

hmm, I haven't actually used it, i've just seen the videos. its been a while since I saw them, but I was under the impression that it was a computer thing.