PDA

View Full Version : [RELEASE] PS3- 2 Player Pong 1.0

dragula96
July 26th, 2008, 18:36
ps3 homebrew 2 Player Pong 1.0

download ps3 2 player pong source here. (http://www.mediafire.com/?zti4zy132ww)

ps3 2 Player Pong Ready to Go Pack here. (http://www.mediafire.com/?dtimtj0z1de)

instructions:
ready to go pack, for those of you that havent been keeping up with the BD-J exploit.

just extract the and put the AVCHD folder and everything in it on USB pen drive root directory.

then place USB pen drive on ps3, go to video and run the AVCHD folder.

and the game should run.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g226/dragula96/ps32playerpong.jpg

read me file:
PS3 2 PLAYER PONG 1.0 by Dragula96
07/25/2008

SPECIAL THANKS TO:

silenoz of PS3Hax //for bringing this discovery to the general public

FreePlay //for taking time to develup his Minimal BD-J (Java) Devkit for PS3

Drakon //for wrighting up the gameloop, input functions needed for this project.

the game is not perfect, it needs some tweeks with the variables, collision is very basic.

this is 2 players, can be played with 2 ps3 controllers.

player 1 controls:

up- moves paddle up
down- moves paddle down

player 2 controls:
square- moves paddle up
cross - moves paddle down

ball speeds up every time it hits a paddle to make things interesting.

enjoy.

Digg this story (http://digg.com/tech_news/PS3_Hacked_First_homebrew_game_release_ultra_easy_ to_do)
Download Above and Give Feedback Via Comments

Xiofire
July 26th, 2008, 19:31
Awesome. Is this the start of homebrew on the PS3, or just clever utilization of the PS3's existing components and features?

-Xiofire

dragula96
July 26th, 2008, 19:53
Awesome. Is this the start of homebrew on the PS3, or just clever utilization of the PS3's existing components and features?

-Xiofire

its just java code run though a compiler to make it work with the ps3's abillity to run BD-J off a USB drive. the ps3 thinks its a blu-ray disk and it runs the java code.

java code is used on blu-ray disks for menu navigation and such, some blu-ray disks have bonus mini-games on them programmed in java, i think thats where the idea of making something like this work came from.

At the moment i wouldent get any hopes up of a real exploit found that could lead to CFW, iso loaders and such out of this method.

wraggster
July 26th, 2008, 22:11
still its nice to see some homebrew on the PS3 at last

Kasimir2007
July 26th, 2008, 22:15
its just java code run though a compiler to make it work with the ps3's abillity to run BD-J off a USB drive. the ps3 thinks its a blu-ray disk and it runs the java code.

java code is used on blu-ray disks for menu navigation and such, some blu-ray disks have bonus mini-games on them programmed in java, i think thats where the idea of making something like this work came from.

At the moment i wouldent get any hopes up of a real exploit found that could lead to CFW, iso loaders and such out of this method.

Oh please Dracula96! you can create us a emulator Nes or Amstrad CPC with java ?

wraggster
July 26th, 2008, 22:18
yeah there are java emulators, theres even a java PSP emulator being worked on.

Mc_Logical
July 26th, 2008, 22:58
I will wait, and see what else comes of this... the first java game example was good enough 4me

ecas123
July 27th, 2008, 22:15
Not working on my 2.41 PS3 :-(

loredan
July 27th, 2008, 23:22
Works on my 2.41 ps3 thx, this is great news for ps3 homebrew.

F9zDark
July 28th, 2008, 23:11

Still in all, Java has gotten pretty powerful; there are quite a number of complex programs written entirely in Java for windows. Azureus Vuze is one; and while we may never see CFW or ISO loaders, we may get some pretty decent games out of it, which will make me happy.

Really depends on how limited the Java support for BD-J is; if its replete with all the features and abilities of Java as it is seen PC, perhaps the possibilities are endless.

sinistermoon
October 6th, 2008, 14:29
Game works. Just like others there is no sound. I would like to see a one player mode were you do not have to controller the second player using the square and x buttons. Other than that is Pong.

marchelyx
June 10th, 2009, 08:41
What is the best partition to use on a usb pen drive? I have a 8gb pen drive I use for my all sorts of portability. i also transfer big files like .ISO files of 2gb or 4gb. i m saying that is NTFS or FAT32 is good. and whats the advantages and disadvantages there will be on NTFS