PDA

View Full Version : PSP v2.0 Eboot Loader v0.5 Released

wraggster
October 17th, 2005, 07:14
Fanjita (http://www.fanjita.org/psp.html) updated his EbootLoader for PSP firmware version 2.0 to v0.5, heres whats new:

v0.5 : More compatibility enhancements, bug fixes
- Better argc/argv handling, prevents a common cause of startup crashes (e.g. PSP Schedule).
- Made the 'return to chooser' function more stable. It now shouldn't affect how well the next EBOOT loads.
- Improved file scanning speed - large EBOOTs should load much faster.
- Added 'alternate startup parameters' option on final launch menu.
- Bundled v0.3 alongside this release, for running Sega Master System emulator (broken in 0.5).
- Introduced 'EBOOT signatures' : known workarounds for specific EBOOTs should now be turned on automatically, and install location can be automatically checked if a specific path is required.
- Added support for .init sections, should help avoid a few more startup crashes.
- Added option to return to EBOOT chooser on final confirmation menu.
- Version number shown on screen fixed.
- Lots more info in readme file.
- Various minor bugfixes.

Adds support for these EBOOTs:
- PSP Schedule 0.25
- PSP Sokoban 0.9
- Tetris Portable 0.3
- Sega Master System / Game Gear emulator (was broken in v0.4).
... and probably more.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Some people have had problems running v0.4 without a custom wallpaper set. I recommend setting a custom wallpaper if you have problems running v0.5, too.

Download via the comments

atvcom
October 17th, 2005, 12:03
I have tested the megadrive emu named MDP022 on my V2 psp with the new 0.5 loader. It has partial function with no sound at a low framerate. Things are moving in the right direction...YAY!! :D How do you guys do it. (hats off!!)

bundi
October 17th, 2005, 12:08
WOW!
You are so close to getting the GAme Boy emulator working.

It now gets to the rom selection screen but fails to load any roms yet. Also rom selection screen has a looping sound of some sort. Hopefully you can get this one working. Its really the only one I actually use. Also If poss the UMDEMULATOR would be cool to get working.

Cheers keep it up I think youve almost cracked it.

bundi
October 17th, 2005, 12:10
My BAD!!!

Rin gameboy emulator does in fact work. Cheersw mate..

Now all I need is ISOZ support. LOL.

Or a region hack would be cool.

bundi
October 17th, 2005, 12:26
No sleep mode from loaded app (rin GB Emu).

Need to hard reset PSP to exit.

But hey it works thats the main thing. Now Kernel support would be the ultimate. Im willing to test for you if there is anything anybody cant get to work I can test and play around. Let me know.

Cap'n 1time
October 17th, 2005, 20:01
I for one hope they never have any "UMDemulator" that loads "ISOz". go buy the games you hippies.

bundi
October 17th, 2005, 21:25
I mearly noticed the UMDEMULATOR. Allows region free UMD Video viewing.

I am not a hippy. Therefore get your facts right before insulting people. Your probably a student or school kid who has more money than sense anyway.

If your so against anything like isoz etc then maybe you should`nt be here at all. After all if your using hacks then your technically a pirate anyway. As Sony(R) dont want you running homebrews.

Anyway all that aside. Rin works but sometimes is hard to get going and takes a few resets and restarts to get it working. Could you try to get this emulator working 100% please.

Cap'n 1time
October 17th, 2005, 22:21
I think you mean ISO's... you hippy.

This is a pirate free site. Homebrew does not involve any form of the word pirate. Being a school kid that has more sense then money I learned this years ago when I was warned for posting pictures of myself running bootleg games on a DC emulator. After spending a good year on this forum I learned that words like "hacker" and "pirate" are not responded to with the same enthusiasm as that of the 6th grade school child. Over the year I also developed a great hatred of the letter "Z" as it is used by the "hackers" that think their destroying the government by searching for "ROMZ" and "ISOZ" on google.

Now about this pirate business.. Lets look at the word pirate in the dictionary.

pirate -
1. A) One who robs at sea or plunders the land from the sea without commission from a sovereign nation.
B) A ship used for this purpose.
2. One who preys on others; a plunderer.
3. One who makes use of or reproduces the work of another without authorization.
4. One that operates an unlicensed, illegal television or radio station.
5. To take (something) by piracy.

-------------------------------------

So we are certainly not plundering lands without commission from a sovereign nation, Nor are we a vessel used to do so. We are not really making use of another's work without authorization (We dont use their software development kit.. we have our own). And we surely dont operate an unlicensed, illegal television or radio station. So are we taking anything by means of piracy? I think not. The only thing good about your three consecutive posts (you know that edit button? its magic, push it.) was that you found that an emulator works on a psp with a 2.0 system. congratulations.

Also note that the RIN emulator was created/ported by some japanese guy. While it might be opensource noone here is going to do much to make it run on a 2.0 system.

I have to shut up before DS comes to beat me with the kindness stick.

PSP_Newbie
October 17th, 2005, 23:09
If your so against anything like isoz etc then maybe you should`nt be here at all. After all if your using hacks then your technically a pirate anyway. As Sony(R) dont want you running homebrews.
so many things wrong with what you said, but i think 1timeuser pretty much got everything^^
thnx 1timeuser :D

Greenskull
October 17th, 2005, 23:27
Woot! NES Emulator works! I have over 200 games including hacks for NES! Woot! But unfortunately Smash Pack Doesn't work. That was my favourite game. Let's hope it works for V0.6!

alepus
October 17th, 2005, 23:38
I think you mean ISO's... you hippy.

I am not a hippy..

dont use the word hippie as a bad thing..

xmodx
October 18th, 2005, 00:06
I've been looking but I can't fina list of compatible emus for this. Does anyone know if there is a list anywhere and if not could someone compile one please. I'm still with my 1.5 and using wabs version changer for newer games and I have the Tenchi web browser but I would love to update to 2.0 for the nice ass sony browser. I'm not willling to lose all of my homebrew though and rin alone doesn't seem worth it but it is inticing since I read that the nes emu is working...

P.S. is it NesterJ or another one?

Drekko
October 18th, 2005, 01:30
P.S. is it NesterJ or another one?[/QUOTE]

The UO version of NesterJ works perfectly :D . Just can't return to the PSP menu once the emulator starts.

Drekko
October 18th, 2005, 01:48
I just tried it now the reg version of NesterJ works.

GoogleEyes
October 18th, 2005, 02:13
Snes 9x works by the way. I played Secret of Mana but its like really slow.

Cap'n 1time
October 18th, 2005, 06:16
Snes 9x works by the way. I played Secret of Mana but its like really slow.

be sure to check the help forums for tips on how to improve speed. and be sure you are using the correct snes emulator. Unless somehow 2.0 dumbs down the power you should get the same speed as a 1.5... in theory.

bundi
October 18th, 2005, 11:47
Also note that the RIN emulator was created/ported by some japanese guy. While it might be opensource noone here is going to do much to make it run on a 2.0 system.

Well is all homebrew not technically open source?

I know the writers have their rights to it.

Pirate????

Well I am sure you own every single gameboy, nintendo, Snes, atari, sega, etc originals. All of them there are thousands. If you really have that much money why bother with homebrew? You can own anything you want.

Further. When did I ever meantion I pirate games

ed00
October 18th, 2005, 12:14
hi,

I have some problems getting either quake & PsPectrum to run using the loader. I have place the files in the following

PSP\GAMES\QUAKE-PSP\
&
PSP\GAMES\PsPectrum\

and I just get black screens - I do get some other apps such as attack of the mutants to run but I would really like the speccy emulator

any suggestions?

Drekko
October 18th, 2005, 13:08
The SNES9x works, all the other versions of the SNES9x don't work the Optimized version stops halfway through loading. The TYL version is kernel.

Dangooner
October 18th, 2005, 15:05
The Mega Drive (or Genesis!) emu I've been playing on my PSP, using the v0.5 loader, most games play and great (except Sonic 1, quite jumpy in places) but the sound on all of them is very patchy, even doesn't work or only works in patches. Not sure if that's the emulators fault or not?

Still, not complaining, as it's still a massive step forward, and playing Streets Of Rage 2 even with no sound was brilliant!

As I've said in another forum, the fact that we're even talking about a Mega Drive emulator working on the PSP, shows how far forward Fanjita and the other guys and girls have brought forward the emulation circus on the PSP.

EDIT: I did try to post the link for the emu I use but it wouldn't allow me, opps, my fault for forgetting the rules!

Fanjita
October 18th, 2005, 17:39
hi,

I have some problems getting either quake & PsPectrum to run using the loader. I have place the files in the following

PSP\GAMES\QUAKE-PSP\
&
PSP\GAMES\PsPectrum\

and I just get black screens - I do get some other apps such as attack of the mutants to run but I would really like the speccy emulator

any suggestions?

Quake and PsPectrum are fairly stable in my experience, so the likely problem is that the support files aren't being loaded properly.

For Quake : check that you have extracted the WAD file to the right place : I think it's the folder \psp\games\quake-psp\id\, but I can't check right now. Just copy the file layout from the RAR file.

For PsPectrum : you'll need to get hold of some spectrum system ROMs, I seem to remember those are required to avoid crashing.

Cap'n 1time
October 18th, 2005, 20:19
Are you just trying to get yourself scoffed at?

Well is all homebrew not technically open source?
to answer that... hell no. It is nice when it is, but it does not HAVE TO BE open source. In some events developers will share their sources with anyone. In others they will share them inside groups of devvers they know. For instants not everything of GPF's and Quzar's stuff is open to the public, They often will share their codes with other devvers they trust. Same for the DC emulator Icarus, which if you join IRC you will constantly hear it being talked about.
OT: Icarus is dead, but the code certainly is not.

I know the writers have their rights to it
where the hell did that come from? read about open source software here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open-source_software
And dont be a smart ass, when I give you a helpful link you read it. No need to act like a know-it-all when you dont know what your talking about.

Pirate????
http://www.thecaptainsblog.com/images/misc/captain_art.gif
captain morgan is a dear friend of mine. He isnt a real pirate.. but he sure knows how to lighten the mood.

As for the rest of the crap I follow the rules. If I download "ISOZ" or "ROMZ" I keep it to myself. The reason we do that is:
1) its illegal discussion
and
2) a bunch of idiots join the forum talking about ISOZ and ROMZ and RIM JOBZ and all that crap that ends with a Z... IDIOTZ the be.

It is very easy to know if your one of thoes ware|Z| monkeys or not.. becuase There is no region lock for any psp umd... so why the hell would you need a UMDemulator or ISOZ?

now repent for your sins and move on...

multiformous
October 19th, 2005, 05:23
I like you, 1timeuser.

ed00
October 19th, 2005, 06:55
Fanjita,

your right about the Speecy emulator - you need a rom there for it to start, the SNES emu works great, I have tried both C64s and the amiga but they dont load. Fortunately the SNES has snesible soccer also......

hey do all these hard reboots cause the PSP problems?

Fanjita
October 19th, 2005, 14:16
Fanjita,

your right about the Speecy emulator - you need a rom there for it to start, the SNES emu works great, I have tried both C64s and the amiga but they dont load. Fortunately the SNES has snesible soccer also......

hey do all these hard reboots cause the PSP problems?

Well, I've constantly hard-booting my PSP for weeks now, no problems so far (and I can't think of any reason why there should be).

urchin
October 19th, 2005, 15:16
The next version of c64psp will be more likely to work with Eboot Loader. I can't test it myself, but I know what is preventing the current version.

ed00
October 19th, 2005, 17:10
I look forward to the c64 version, then I can have my 'little PSP person......'

bundi
October 19th, 2005, 23:27
I know what Im chatting about.

And I want reagion free for video not games.

And UMDEMULATOR does this. But if it could be a simple app then I would be really happy about that..

Still need to get good support for Rin GBA emulator though. It is almost now perfect but is annoying having to try about 5 times to get it working.

Any way 1sttime user. Lets stop the argument now ay. Its gettin old and boring.

Tron_Fan
October 20th, 2005, 16:43
Hi, tried version 0.5 last night. Worked good, didn't freeze this time. Tried it with Stella and didn't work. Also tried PSPGEn and that didn't work. Not sure which Sega Genesis emu works.

PSTetris worked fine. So I am excited about that. Have to hard boot after finishing the game, so looking forward to when we can have a gracefull exit.

VERY impressed that you have this working like it does. Awesome job.