PDA

View Full Version : PSPWrite: A Text Editor for PSP v1.1.0

zx-81
July 28th, 2008, 21:39
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/images/pspwrite-snap-105.jpg

Hi All,

Here is a new version of PSPWrite the text editor for PSP.

It permits to edit even huge text file, in both dos and unix mode, using iso8859-1 (8bits)
characters encoding. All iso8859-1 characters are present in the "Danzeff like" virtual keyboard.

The IR keyboard support is based on the work of Harald Fielker.

It has been developed on linux for Firmware 1.5 and 3.x-m33 and 4.x-m33, and for the IR keyboard
part it has been tested using a Targus Universal IR Wireless keyboard on PSP FAT.

What's new then in 1.1.0 ?

- Add word wrap mode (finally !)
- New option to specify wrap settings
- New hotkey to display help menu
- New hotkey to rewrap a paragraph
- A new menu for all settings
- Minor bug fix

How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.

Sources are included, and this package is under the GNU public license,
read COPYING.txt file for more information about it.

Everything is there : http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/

Enjoy,

Zx.

pkmaximum
July 28th, 2008, 22:20
Now if it would read .rtf or .doc that would be awesome =) Yes I understand applications can't do that for Microsoft doesn't like to go open source ;)

zx-81
July 28th, 2008, 22:31
may be using google-doc and xmb web browser ? :D

grabba
July 29th, 2008, 20:39
I'am a bit new to the psp. But I'am already a fan of your emu's (intellevision, Atari, and zx81 are some favourits).

But can I use pspwrite-v1.1.0, on my psp with 3.90M33-3 + 1.5 add-on? Because I used the previous version were I was able to download a fw3x. version, (I tried pspwrite-v1.1.0-fw15.zip), but I got stuck on the starting screen.

I don' want to update to firmware 4.01 (maybe in the future)

Thanks,

zx-81
July 29th, 2008, 20:47
fw4x version works also for 3x, no need to upgrade ;)

grabba
July 29th, 2008, 22:12
Thanks for your reply.

It's working perfect. The problem was something else. PiKey 0.4 gave a conflict (just bougth a turgus keyboard, love to play zx81 game's with it)

zx-81
July 29th, 2008, 22:18
yes pikey is not compatible with any of my homebrew ... you have to disable it before runing any of them (i guess you have to press the SELECT key while launching the eboot).

I'am a bit new to the psp. But I'am already a fan of your emu's (intellevision, Atari, and zx81 are some favourits).

You may find a lot of other old-school emu on my blog :
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/

They have all the same user interface, and they work all with the IR keyboard :P (give a try to pspxti and pspcap32, my favorites) :D

grabba
July 29th, 2008, 23:15
Hi,

I know your blog for a long time. I used to have a gp2x. Will check out pspxti (looks nice). Actualy my first computer was a zx81 (with a 16 k memory extension) First game console the intellevision (so it's a trip down memory lane)

Do you think that you wil ever make a odssey (also known as videopac 2000) emulator for the psp?

And last question doesn't make any differens I use for example for atari 2600 the fw15 version or the fw4x or in some cases the fw3x. The all seem to work fine on my psp?

Thanks again

zx-81
July 30th, 2008, 07:59
Do you think that you wil ever make a odssey (also known as videopac 2000) emulator for the psp?

i had downloaded the source code of odyssey emu, but never gone forward :( ...

And last question doesn't make any differens I use for example for atari 2600 the fw15 version or the fw4x or in some cases the fw3x. The all seem to work fine on my psp?

Thanks again

there is no difference, the source code is 99% the same (only minor defines etc ...)