PDA

View Full Version : Why No Red Alert 3 On PS3?

wraggster
July 29th, 2008, 01:40
First EA announced Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 for the PC, Xbox 360, and PS3, and then they put the PlayStation 3 version on indefinite hold. What's the deal? Videogamer.com got the skinny from EALA producer Amer Ajami during a recent visit to EA's UK headquarters.

"We actually announced a PS3 version early on but that was when we were still doing a lot of technical exploration of the architecture. PS3 is a very powerful system but as you guys know it's very exotic and tough to develop for and our engine really at the time wasn't designed for PS3."

And another game falls to the old "tough to develop for" excuse. There's still a glimmer of hope, however, as Ajami does go on to say that they might go back and do something with the PS3 later one. Might? PS3 owners need not your "might". They need Tesla coils, and they need them immediately.

http://kotaku.com/5030049/why-no-red-alert-3-on-ps3

**1_Man_Matrix**
July 29th, 2008, 02:49
We need some RTS goodness on PS3 already. TC's Endwar is too far away, Civilization ain't great and the best thing at the moment is Red alert 1 from the PS Store :)

C'mon, get it together...

JKKDARK
July 29th, 2008, 03:50
Probably because it will not sell as they would expect.

acn010
July 29th, 2008, 06:21
no, they have programmed not design for the ps3 so its difficult for them to do, but really... they should act fast and do it now cause I font want to pick up my 360 in another state to just play this game

paul3100
July 29th, 2008, 10:26
Hmmm i thin developers need to get more skilled or better atleast programmers! the better the hardware (ps3) the harder/longer its going to take to develop these games.

But basically if they are charging £40/50 for these games then they should be done properly or not at all, so who knows???

paul

Cloudhunter
July 29th, 2008, 14:05
Removed comments so as to not promote further discussion.

acn010
July 29th, 2008, 16:54
cloud, calm down, its jkkdark... let him be

yaustar
July 29th, 2008, 22:19
@Cloudhunter: That particular quoted post was an opinion and I can't see any malicious intent in it. Flaming would have been:

"PS3 sucks and doesn't deserve this game"

If there are genuinely trolling/flaming posts then I will give an infraction regardless of who its. For the record, I have previously given an infraction to JKKDARK that pushed him to a temporary ban.

Any further talk about this on this in thread will face an immediate permanent ban. No exceptions.