PDA

View Full Version : NullDC PSP Videos - Dreamcast Emulator for PSP

wraggster
July 29th, 2008, 02:26
Ok im not smoking anything but our very own drkIIRaziel who occasionally hangs in our Chatroom (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/vbjirc/vbjirc.php) has been working on a Dreamcast emulator for PSP.

Now unless im very well mistaken theres not a chance in hell that full speed or even playable is possible but we all live in hope

Check out the videos via Comments

wraggster
July 29th, 2008, 02:26
nullDC/PSP 28-7-2008 (SOTB;INGAME;SLOW)

http://www.youtube.com/v/EvloAQbRZZk

wraggster
July 29th, 2008, 02:28
nullDC PSP raw recording

" Demonstration video showing nullDC running on PSP. No textures, no depth management and no sound at the moment. GD-ROM emulation is not quite done either so no games boot yet.

Note that it's also running on interpreter so it's quite slow.

Hey! It's work in progress so don't complain just yet ;) "

Just wanted to show a direct recording of nullDC PSP.

http://www.youtube.com/v/KIvJlNrrdLo

wraggster
July 29th, 2008, 02:29
nullDC PSP Build 7-26-08

nullDC/PSP 28-7-2008 (DOA2LE;INGAME;SLOW)

http://www.youtube.com/v/UANxIWTXriA

wraggster
July 29th, 2008, 02:30
nullDC PSP Build 7-27-08 -=Shenmue=-

nullDC Build 7-27-08

Improved texture support and game booting

Game being boot: Shenmue

Note: RAW captures are a little bit faster than normal... also i i took out about 20-30 min. of loading. ( That was between starting the new game and beginning of intro cinematic. )

http://www.youtube.com/v/Ix9huu4k5Qo

paintball1119
July 29th, 2008, 03:11
will this work on fats or only slims.

JKKDARK
July 29th, 2008, 03:51
Both, probably.

midnitdragoon
July 29th, 2008, 04:29
i believe dreamcast is possible for psp. if theres something i learned about computer games its that they can be scaled down so that they can work on a wide range of computer hardware. Im very sure the same can be done for the dreamcast emulator. It will take time...yes a lot of it, but im going to keep my hopes high for the day that i can run phantasy star online for the dreamcast on psp.

argor
July 29th, 2008, 05:23
will this work on fats or only slims.
only the slims
the fats don't have the needed memory

Cast128dreams
July 29th, 2008, 08:21
well it would be more cool and sweet to see the oposite.And i mean PSP on Dreamcast.
Do you beleive its possible?

ron
July 29th, 2008, 11:55
awesome !!!

ron
July 29th, 2008, 12:06
it's a GOOD NEW to see the PSP running dreamcast software, awesome !!!

ron
July 29th, 2008, 14:13
I would like to take it as a proof of concept, as Yabause does

Eric
July 29th, 2008, 19:26
There would probably be a possibility you can see it on the Dreamcast and i aint saying i know of anybody working on that. The only painful answer to most emulation on Dreamcast with the newer systems is that it will be painfully slow and unplayable and i dont know if this is true but if Playstation 1 is unplayable not talking about (Bleem) of course who did a great job but in the brew scene then it probbably just as difficult.

Cast128dreams
July 30th, 2008, 13:54
Eric you are right.Its cause th newer system has better specs than the Dreamcast i understand that.But some new games are really low specs and i think that the Dreamcast can hold their demands.I mean that we can see certain new games on Dreamcast cause some of them are low specs.For example puzzles and minding games.

As for the playstayion emulation.I believe its possible.Bleemcast proves that its 100% possible and also running its games in smoother mode.

I believe everything that i was told its all up to dc coders.The power of WILL.

hmx
July 30th, 2008, 20:16
very sloooooooow

JKKDARK
July 30th, 2008, 20:25
What did you expect? The Dreamcast is not easy as the NES.

Cast128dreams
July 30th, 2008, 21:36
Hahahahahahhaha
Hey Hmx please answer me

How many bits architecture can hold a Dreamcast main prossecor?

Let me help you.
As many as the PS2.
128Bit.

In that case i dont know about PSP procesor.But i guess that both Sony systems PS2-PSP are equal.

zagal
August 1st, 2008, 03:58
Great project for test on psp but, it's not posible the emulation of Dreamcast on PSP. Now, is very slow without sound and some textures, but, the PSP structure can't run fine a DC.

Good for the author 'cause this is very hard work! Great

rememberthe8bit
August 2nd, 2008, 15:15
Hahahahahahhaha
Hey Hmx please answer me

How many bits architecture can hold a Dreamcast main prossecor?

Let me help you.
As many as the PS2.
128Bit.

In that case i dont know about PSP procesor.But i guess that both Sony systems PS2-PSP are equal.

*sigh*

Cast128dreams
August 5th, 2008, 10:25
*sigh*

hey stop it you will make me reminisce...when you look back for the Dreamcast :(.
Better not even trying

laurentj
August 5th, 2008, 20:02
This is.....Awesome....

Hopefully the games would be playable....I would love to play dreamcast on PSP...

Dreamcast is my favorite system too.

Cast128dreams
August 5th, 2008, 23:58
Dreamcast its my favorite system too.As a dreamcast fan i prefer to play the dreamcast games on that console and not emulated on other.

SynGamer
September 1st, 2008, 23:48
Any updates?

indaman
September 2nd, 2008, 09:22
Any updates?

Since the end of july...

Absolutely nothing.