PDA

View Full Version : EBOOT loader v0.6 for PSPV2.0 (updated 20 Oct 2005)

wraggster
October 20th, 2005, 07:48
Fanjita has updated his Eboot Loader for firmware 2.0 PSP consoles, heres whats new:

v0.6 : Compatibility and stability
- Bundle user-mode LUA player.
- Only process stringtable section header and .reginfo, all others are unused.
- Setup $gp register from .reginfo
- Change folder thumbnail to smaller image, improves launch stability.
- Added scan for EBOOTs with hard-coded paths.
- Clear display RAM before starting some EBOOTs, to clear up some
graphical anomalies.
- Added direct seek to ELF header - much much faster file loading.

Download via comments

rock_light
October 20th, 2005, 13:22
great tool! playing ff iii with my nes emu!

ed00
October 20th, 2005, 14:21
fantastic job! now to try some lua stuff,

Tron_Fan
October 20th, 2005, 16:31
Hi,

Haven't tried this version yet. Wondering if it requires a hard boot still to exit homebrew?

modsyn
October 20th, 2005, 18:50
wow. that's quick progress. what exactly does user mode entail for LUA?
or, a better question would be, what functionality is not available when
running LUA in user mode?

Sweetboy
October 20th, 2005, 20:28
Hi. this is my 1st post since i 1st came here a few days ago. Only reason i bought a psp a week ago was for the emulators and stuff that would be developed for it. stupid enough i updated the firmware which was v1.52 to v2.0 cuz none of the emulators would work. but ever since ive tried out this eboot loader v.5 to try some of the emulators out ive only got the master system one running and playable. ive now got the v6 and tried the psp gba emulator on it. kinda got it running in a way. but my question is. in the photo folder there is 2 folders eboot loader and eboot loader 03. which one do i use and which for using in the future? eboot loader 3 dosnt load the program but i did try the eboot loader and it loaded up the prog but it just freezes after that on the menu screen.. any clues? or am i doing sumfing wrong?
i know its a pain using firmware v2.0 as most r not compatible and i dont want to downgrade for my psps safety even though people say it works.
thx to all those making it possible for all the emulators avail :)

O by the way when using the loader it says v3 at the top. isnt it meant to say v6?

Sweetboy
October 20th, 2005, 20:35
ok my bad. reason for it freezing was cuz i was pressing square instead of circle.. but it wont load the game im trying to select.. just a random game f-zero max. ill try a diff game and see wot happans..

Allergenetic
October 20th, 2005, 20:55
Sooooooooooooooooooooo....

Does FastLoader work?

Probably going way out on a limb on that one, but I figured I'd ask.

Sweetboy
October 20th, 2005, 21:04
bleh! cant load any games at all.. every time i click a game the memory card light just flashes... tried zipped games and non.. still nothing... im puzzled...

Greenskull
October 20th, 2005, 21:45
What does touch.exe do?

Greenskull
October 20th, 2005, 21:57
When I try to run LUA it says "Error: No script file found. Press start to restart" Help plz!
Edit: Never mind! I forgot to put the utill thing on to my psp! Cool Stuff!

Edit Again: Crap! Where do you put the games? When I put them in the Apps folder of the USER_LUA folder, it dosnt start! help!

PSP_Newbie
October 20th, 2005, 22:46
sweetboy, btw, if the reason you bought a psp was for emulators and stuff, i would strongly reccomend downgrading to 1.5, as that is the best one to use that's available to you for homebrew and emulators, without the hassle of the eboot loader and incompatibility

Greenskull
October 20th, 2005, 23:04
ARGH! now it doesn't even work! When I start LUA it says Error: No script file found.
HELP!!!!!!!!!!

bobcobb
October 21st, 2005, 02:27
Quick question, will this work for PSPRadio?

Sweetboy
October 21st, 2005, 02:54
Well its not the only reason i bought a psp for... it was only 1 reason. so there will never be a way to load emulators properly without using some kind of eboot loader program for firmware v2.0? i downloaded the downgrader the other day and its just sitting on my desktop. Im just not too confident on downgrading my psp.. there isnt any really good games out for psp yet and ridge racer is kinda getting very (wots the word) repetitive and boring. converting vids is fun but is very space consuming...... even on a 512mb..... even to me 1gb isnt going to b enough cuz its not worth converting anyfing in low quality. for example i converted FF7 advent children but that takes up like 600mb+ and took me ages to convertand my 512 cant even hold it... Im tempted on selling my psp to CEX cuz they buy for £180 basically my money back.. but also this emulating thing is holding me back. ill just wait and see the out come. Right now im even tempted to downgrade shud i or shudnt i :-) . Btw any 1 know how to setup the wireless net? i got it at work but do i need a pass or sumfing to join the wireless? some 1 told me they did b4 but needed to enter a code..

djarcas
October 21st, 2005, 10:43
touch updates a file to the current satastamp

djarcas
October 21st, 2005, 10:44
errr. I meant 'Datestamp'