PDA

View Full Version : AnyTitle Deleter Released

wraggster
July 29th, 2008, 20:32
News/release from tona (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_apps/AnyTitle_Deleter)

AnyTitle Deleter is an application which allows you to completely delete (almost) any title on your Wii. This is useful as a space-freeing application, an informative application, and a paranoia tool. I also hope the source code will be helpful to others making tools for the Wii.

NOTE: DELETING DISC-BASED TITLES FROM YOUR SYSTEM WILL DELETE ITS SAVE DATA!

The following are some notable features:

Deletes previously "Non-Removable" titles, such as IOS, MIOS, some system channels, etc.
Contains extensive brick protection--You cannot delete your System Menu, it's IOS, or some other necessary titles.
Lists all titles installed on the system in both hex and ASCII format in a series of nice (but console-based) menus.
Attempts un-installation of titles the "safe" way, and if it fails, will do a more manual "delete" upon request.
Although I'm far from a "good coder," I put some work into making my code fairly simple and useful for others. For programmers looking to learn something about the Wii, this code contains:

Lots of examples of various ES and ISFS calls
A fairly reliable, though unorthodox System Menu region detection method (not based on console settings, so it applies to even semi-bricked systems)
A console-based menu that should be fairly easy to adapt into other other applications (Just write your own UpdatePage() function)
Lots of comments

Load using any method. This does not rely on SD or any other hardware, so it can be loaded with any current method.

Navigating the menu is self explanatory. Just select a title you want to delete and hit A.

Titles currently only display Title ID (I may add full name listings later).

The ability of this program to delete system titles has caused a bit of worry. As mentioned in the feature description, however, it contains extensive anti-brick precautions. It has been tested on consoles from multiple regions and system versions, and contains fallback protection when some settings cannot be detected.

http://www.youtube.com/v/VouOn_M15q0

To the right is a video exposing just how much you can delete without any issues booting the system menu or the homebrew channel. It also demonstrates the brick blocking functionality.

The brick protection prevents the following titles from being deleted:

The System Menu (1-2)
The IOS used by your system menu (1-30 on 3.x). This is detected automatically and completely accurately.
boot2 (1-1, Although boot2 is not a standard listed title anyway)
Region Select and EULA for your region. (0x10008-HALx and 0x10008-HAKx)
In the event that either the System Menu's region or IOS version cannot be detected, it will not allow you to delete any titles in its respective category, and suggests you report the issue to the author.

The brick protection will also provide warnings when you try to uninstall the following titles:

The current IOS (Although its deletion will not affect usage, it may be worth noting)
The IOS used by the Homebrew Channel (Detected automatically, but based on the Homebrew Channel being 0x10001-HAXX)
Neither of these titles will cause bricks, but they could possibly cause unwanted behavior.

I have personally tested all the brick-blocking features with this application, and can say that a 3.x system will successfully boot with only System Menu and IOS30 in the system titles section.

Download Here (http://wii-news.dcemu.co.uk/AnyTitle_Deleter.zip) and Give Feedback Via Comments

benitojuarezxl
August 3rd, 2008, 06:44
how does one go about installing this, i see a dol but i dunno about filestructure, looks like a buncha linux stuff. I could be totally wrong. Theres no real useful info in the readme aside from this may brick if you delete the wrong thing.

ciper
September 25th, 2008, 01:48
I edited the Wiki to include a Meta.xml I created
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/AnyTitle_Deleter#Meta.xml