PDA

View Full Version : PSP ON TV Final Prototype Unveiled

wraggster
October 20th, 2005, 18:51
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/pspontv-1-photo-sm.gif

The second PSP TV Device now has been unveiled and heres the info from the makers of it:

<blockquote>Just warning you, it's REALLY shiny...just like the sexy PSP itself!

The HEIGHT of the PSP on TV is just slightly taller than the WIDTH of the LCDscreen. The buttons, D-Pad, and Analog Stick are definitely NOT hindered whatsoever,since only the LCD is covered. As you can see, the device simply CLIPS to the front of the PSP. No internal modification required, you do NOT have to open your PSP. No Faceplate replacement required. No tools needed, no annoying dust on the surface of your LCD screen because you simply don't need to open the PSP. Installation of the PSP on TV could not be more simple.</blockquote>

More info at the official site here --> http://www.pspontv.com/

Psychondrius
October 20th, 2005, 19:10
Nice. But what about dust/scratches on top of the screen?

- Psycho

pspfr33k
October 20th, 2005, 19:55
Yeah, I don't want scratches either.
It's a bit anoying the screen is covered with this huge thing.
It's cool anyway ;)

Hevyduty
October 20th, 2005, 20:01
I put a microfilm screen protector on my PSP screen. It looks fine to me when I play, but I wonder if it would inhibit the quality of the image in some way when using this device. I'm curious if the flaws from applying it (bubbles or dust trapped under the film) that my eyes don't really detect become magnified when the image is blown up for the tv.

And like I said, I'm just curious. I'm not suggesting that this product is flawed if it doesn't work well with screen protectors or anything.

Personally, I think it's an interesting alternative to PSP2TV. They're both too expensive for me to consider at this point, but I look forward to reading the reviews on both products as they're released.

LazerTag
October 20th, 2005, 20:04
PSP2TV also allows a port for using a real Playstation controller too, does this device?

F9zDark
October 20th, 2005, 20:44
Doubt it since, no internal modification is required. Plus they are making a big deal out of the fact that the controls are not hindered. But playing the PSP alone for an hour or so is tough on the hands. Now add this to it which must add a boat load more weight to it and you have a PSP that might as well be a brick since its not worth playing anymore with this monstrosity attached to it.

pkmusicmaker
October 20th, 2005, 21:21
This giant takes the convenience out of the PSP completely. Why buy a pocket gaming device if you're just going to latch a giant contraption on it so you can use it on a tv? Just get a playstation.

Nige
October 20th, 2005, 23:17
This product looks like a load of crap.

From the shape I can only guess that it is some sort of matrix of light-detecting cells that convert what it 'sees' on the PSP screen to a TV signal. Imagine if a single hair got trapped on top of the PSP's screen. Result? A big blur on the output picture.

That's not to say that the output would be great anyway. This is the equivalent of pointing an old video camera at the PSP's screen and plugging it in to your TV.

Speculating further, I'd guess that this 'product' is either a hoax or does what it says just in a very bad way, like those TV 'magnifier' products that you see for sale on eBay. I hope no-one has invested any serious cash in this thing!

On the off-chance that I am wrong, I will eat my hat. With pictures.

RedKing14CA
October 21st, 2005, 15:41
yay, instead of 120$ its 99$ for a 5$ p.o.s

wakeuphater
October 21st, 2005, 17:33
not worth 100 bucks.