PDA

View Full Version : im running Mamed! with a DC inside a JAMMA cabinet

mame_dc_cabinet
October 20th, 2005, 19:02
hey all, please have a look at my site. it is the culmination of a years work. i built my own jamma cabinet by hand, and have a dc inside it powering Mamed! for the dreamcast.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/mamedccabinet

:cool:

1stvinicius
October 21st, 2005, 00:42
too much work for a few games dude

kingbuzzo
October 21st, 2005, 06:05
I assume you wont just use mame on that.

DC is probably the best console to put in a cabinet. In showdown it would be between ps2, dc, and saturn. The screen looks kinda small....and is it RF? Considering you went so far to make a cabinet, I would of thought you'd of at least used a decent rgb screen.

a pretty good job otherwise.

mame_dc_cabinet
October 21st, 2005, 13:15
at the moment its not RF anymore. and no, i wont be using just mame on it. i have about 400 dc games, and games and emus for master system, nes, pc engine, super nintendo and others.
the main games ive been playing on it are soul calibur and crazy taxi, amongst others
its nice to grab a stool and sit and play skies of arcadia.

Darksaviour69
October 21st, 2005, 13:34
thats actually pretty sweet, nice job

Christuserloeser
October 21st, 2005, 20:06
Awesome.

1stvinicius
October 22nd, 2005, 02:14
well, if your planning to use it with DC games then you should take out that mame stick at the top...

warmtoe
October 22nd, 2005, 16:48
I know we've had this discussion before! I too put my DC inside a JAMMA cab - as it happens, in my case, I have a real JAMMA cabinet because a friend had one that he wanted rid of.

One additional thing I did was to get a steering wheel, rip off the bottom and screw suction cups to the underside of the struts which hold the wheel together - I then stick the steering wheel down over the joysticks (the stick goes up into the cavity under the wheel) and connect the controller cable to the DC (which in my case is actually sitting outside the cabinet) - this works surprisingly well for driving games.

For those games where you need analogue stick control - you can just use a standard controller - perhaps in your case, putting the cable through the coin slot panel (I use the coin eject to connect wires to the outside world!)

Anyway - nice project - glad to see there are 2 of us!

quzar
October 22nd, 2005, 18:06
so THAT's why you went through all the trouble to port mame to the dc ;)

Mental2k
October 24th, 2005, 11:39
Nice job, looks good, heh, it'd be class to have one's own jama cab.

How much would a RGB screen set me back if I were looking, a fairly decent size now I mean.

quzar
October 26th, 2005, 04:10
i've seen 24-30 inch screens going for 100-150$. The problems is you have to find something local because nobody will ship that.

mame_dc_cabinet
November 20th, 2005, 18:31
thanks for all your comments, but its going on ebay very soon...

everythings done on it now, all the button etc are fitted and fixed, tv and the net works on it too.

the only things left to do are cart it downstairs somehow and affix a panel on the front. hopefully ill get some money back for it.

anyone interested email me through the site
http://members.lycos.co.uk/mamedccabinet

cheers

Bailey
November 21st, 2005, 23:30
Great job on the cabinet, no point getting plasma unless those light guns support it (do they?) though i notice you have no gun hooked up, i'm sure it wouldn't be too much trouble to do? Meh, what would i know... very little lol Prehaps just a flat screen crt would be the go, angled back a bit? Of course would make that sucka heavy.. tho i'm sure it's no lightweight at the mo? What size sreen is in there at the mo?