PDA

View Full Version : The final SPEC. of NEO-MS 4in1 PSP pad

wraggster
October 20th, 2005, 22:36
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/NEO-PSP-joypad-500-21.JPG

Neoflash.com (http://www.neoflash.com/) have posted new images of their product for the PSP, heres the details:

Memory functions:
* Uses any SONY MS to boot
* Use SD/MMC or CF/MicroDrive like a standard SONY memory stick
(it's one option,all memory card or MicroDrive not included in the retail box)
* SD/MMC/CF/MS auto detect and auto run, plug and play
* Supports up to 4GB memory size in PSP
* Built-in PSP Ready/Busy/NULL, 3-state status indication
* Can exchange the data between PC and PSP through the standard PSP USB cable, supports SD/MMC/CF/MicroDrive/MS formatting on PSP directly

Battery functions:
* Use 4 pcs AA Ni-MH rechargable batteries or 4 pcs AA normal batteries for the PSP backup power
(it's one option,all batteries not included in the retail box)
* Built-in A.I. Ni-MH battery recharge system, full battery protection and fast full charge in 12 hours
* Built-in battery charging and the force full charge indication on LED display
* Built-in battery mode switch, can select the Ni-MH battery or normal battery
* Supports infinite Ni-MH battery capability (nowadays up to 3800MA/h X4)
* Multi DC power input, can use the PSP DC adaptor / car DC adaptor and PC USB cable to charge the batteries
* Supports the force full charge mode, can force full charge and doesn't matter how much battery power is available

PSP Pad functions:
* Anti-Shock
* Ergonomic design, you can play the PSP like a SONY PS2 joypad for a more familiar and comfortable gaming experience

PSP kickstand function:
* Built-in car mounting bracket, you can use the PSP in your car with a stable display
* Come with one extra fixup kit

JoshM248
October 20th, 2005, 22:50
Whoo, :D

THINKABOTIT
October 21st, 2005, 00:39
another path to choose....4 gb drive,or this?????

slayer2psp
October 21st, 2005, 03:59
lets hope its around 50 bucks since it comes with out any memory i have a lot of mmc so would be cool too have this over the 4gb hdd

Hevyduty
October 21st, 2005, 14:40
This looks okay, but what I want is actually far more simple. And no one seems to want to develop it.

Just let me access additional storage from any USB device hooked up to the PSP via the USB cable. In other words, just let me access the files on a USB hard drive, flashdrive, card reader, and so on from the PSP. That's all I need. That's all I want. Simple.

Preferably, I'd like to run/use the files directly from the storage device, but if I have to transfer them to the PSP's memory stick first, and then run them, I can live with that. I already have some good sized memsticks.

You can already do some of this if you have an MP3 player or USB hard drive that runs in USB host mode (aka, USB on-the-go) and has an lcd screen that allows you to select invididual files/folders and transfer them to the PSP.

But what sucks is that when the PSP is in USB mode it's just a "dumb" device sitting there helpless while you use another device (PC, MP3 Player, etc.) to swap files around. The PSP should act as an intelligent device, with a file browser that allows you to transfer files between the PSP and the USB storage device. It sucks that my hot gaming machine, with its screen and buttons, is as dumb as a basic card reader when it's in USB mode.

I'm sure Sony will someday offer USB host mode as a new firmware feature in an attempt to entice us into upgrading. And it's gonna piss me off.

But in the meantime, I guess we're stuck with these hardware solutions, that do more than what I want and bulk up the PSP, which I already think is too big and too heavy in the first place.

But it's nice to see some development in this area, even though it's not exactly what I'm looking for.

rlwelch
October 22nd, 2005, 16:33
I agree very strongly with the parent. I think an external USB to PSP converter would be <b>much</b> more useful than another memory card format, considering the prohibitive price of Compact Flash over 2GB.