PDA

View Full Version : Dee Dee Planet Dreamcast video

wraggster
July 30th, 2008, 01:26
via insert credit (http://www.insertcredit.com/archives/002443.html)

Dee Dee Planet was planned for the Dreamcast back in 2001, but never saw the light of day. It was reportedly nearly finished, and developed by a web designer called Dori Dock. You can find an interview with the creator back here on the wayback machine, but more interestingly you can see some actual footage of the game. It's very indie styled, so I'm not surprised it never came out...still, quite interesting. The guy making it said he'd never played videogames before. Curious!

Vv5qGfl-b9s

wraggster
July 30th, 2008, 01:26
http://youtube.com/v/Vv5qGfl-b9s

JKKDARK
July 30th, 2008, 03:01
Oh I love this game. I wonder if some day it will be leaked or released :(

Bear_XI
July 30th, 2008, 04:09
Looks pretty neat. Looks like Worms.

Eviltaco64
July 30th, 2008, 06:36
Looks great.
Wish it was released :(

kohan69
July 30th, 2008, 09:25
Who do we write to?

We need to make a legitimate petition for this (not an online one)

ps: we also need a petition for a third party bba

Cast128dreams
July 30th, 2008, 13:46
someone has to do something for that game.If it is ready 100% then it would be easier for a net release.Plublishers who producted Last hope,Dux(not published yet),wind and water they could make DE DE comercial for Dreamcast.

Dreamcast scene really need these games cause its SO SO SO sad to see 100% completed games which never came out.

Darksaviour69
July 30th, 2008, 13:52
someone has to do something for that game.If it is ready 100% then it would be easier for a net release.Plublishers who producted Last hope,Dux(not published yet),wind and water they could make DE DE comercial for Dreamcast.

Dreamcast scene really need these games cause its SO SO SO sad to see 100% completed games which never came out.

They can't release it as it would have been made using the official SDK and there for would have to get a licence from sega and it would have to be printed on GB-Rom.

Cast128dreams
July 30th, 2008, 15:31
So how Last hope,Dux,wind and water are comercial and they are NOT official SEGA products.

If the creator of the game agreed for his game then i believe that Sega has nothing to do with that.If he could sell his game in a develpment studio(like last hope) then,why not?

Selling his project then everything is possible,right?

Darksaviour69
July 30th, 2008, 15:48
those games use KOS, an open source SDK for the dreamcast. The official Dreamcast SDK is called Katana.

Cast128dreams
July 30th, 2008, 17:11
So you want to tell that if the game uses SDK or else katana the game publisher should ask for Sega perminsion cause Sega has the rights for the SDK(katana).
Right?

JKKDARK
July 30th, 2008, 17:52
Yes.

Cast128dreams
July 30th, 2008, 21:27
So if a game programer wants to make a Dreamcast game in nowadays he wont use this way because he probably doesnt wants trouble with sega licenses.
I guess trying to buying a part of the SDK(katana) from Sega license he would pay much more than he could win than a comercial DE DE game.

SAD.Sega should give it free in nowadays so any programer could have the oportunity to aproach Dreamcast with better titles.
On the other hand i dont expect that thing from Sega.

Darksaviour69
July 30th, 2008, 21:37
Its not even possibale to asked sega for permission to publish a katana game (in the west anyway) has they don't have a department that deals with it anymore. Coders tried to ask sega a few years ago, but got nowhere (The gypsy, did get on the official developers list, in the early days, but then the department got closed down)

Sega can't release the katana to open source/ free because of legal reasons (it was used in the development of PS2 games etc) Also KOS is gear more to the open source community while, while katana would not.

Cast128dreams
July 30th, 2008, 21:46
Its so confusing and embarasing.So please anser me i you know.

So i guess that neither Dux nor Under defeat are using KATANA SDK?

Also if that games are using katana how Sega let them be comercial?

What about Chaos field?It was made to use the Katana?It was a game which was suported by Sega.You could order it from Segas official japanese site.

KOS is better progaming games than the Katana?

Darksaviour69
July 31st, 2008, 08:53
Under Defeat and Chaos field where katana, (they are on GB-Rom discs) Dux, Last hope, Cool Herders, Feet of fury etc are KOS (on CD)

KOS does not support GD-Rom, only CD.

I have heard some say its easier to use KOS in some respects but I think that is if you come from a PC coding background, but KOS is missing features that Katana has, but I not a programmer.

JKKDARK
July 31st, 2008, 15:05
What about Chaos field?It was made to use the Katana?It was a game which was suported by Sega.You could order it from Segas official japanese site.
Yes, but it was only on Japan. The developers can't do that on Europe or America.