PDA

View Full Version : dos box (downloading/copy paste problems)

dark heart
July 30th, 2008, 11:43
hi, i only just found out about the latest version of dosbox.

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=124660

and i open the eboot to another page, copy all the characters and replace all the old characters of the old eboot file, and i get that corrupted icon.

can anyone lend a hand?

roxfox64
July 30th, 2008, 19:17
That eboot seems to be half of a 1.50 Kernel eboot.

Move the folder you have it in to GAME150, and if you have any 1.50 apps there make a copy of the folder with the '%', and rename it to whatever you have the folder with dosbox named. Just add a '%' at the end. (e.g, DosBox and DosBox%)

If you have a slim or do not have 1.50 kernel installed, then it won't work.

dark heart
July 31st, 2008, 06:59
hi, thanks for replying.

Move the folder you have it in to GAME150, and if you have any 1.50 apps there make a copy of the folder with the '%', and rename it to whatever you have the folder with dosbox named. Just add a '%' at the end. (e.g, DosBox and DosBox%)

sorry, i don't know what you mean, so i tried making a copy of the folder containing the eboot i was having trouble with, and adding the %, and it was 'corrupt'. then i got the older version of dosbox and added a file beside it called dosbox% and added the new eboot into that and it was 'corrupt'. then finally i tried switching the files in dosbox with the ones in dosbox% and the eboot loads ok, then it crashes before any sign of dosbox shows up.

EDIT: oh, and i have cfw 3.80 m33 and the 150 kernel of course and i have a phat psp

EDIT: actually, don't worry about it, qj had a already prepared dosbox, thanks anyway.