PDA

View Full Version : LUA Button Mashing Revolution

wraggster
October 21st, 2005, 22:18
Sam (http://pspevolution.com) has released a great looking Dance Dance Revolution type game written in Lua for the PSP, heres some details:

If you don't know how to play, it's very simple. As the pictures of buttons come
up, try to press that button when it's right over the gray area.

Background Animation:
Stars = Show a starfield in the background
3D Cube = Show the 3D cube in the background

Download here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/luabuttonmashingrevolution.shtml

Zaibach333
October 22nd, 2005, 09:02
I am a rythmic person and had my share of dance games...

the thought of creating a rythm mash game is there and this is going in the right direction, but this game really bothers me, for one - the tempo of the music and the tempo of the scrolling random buttons are slightly different. making it easier to play with the sound off.

but I'm sure this only effects the nerdy selection of musical/dance gaming people that read these threads.

it's still something to try out.

if a new version is released, that would probably be something fun to have along with your other programs that you keep for on the go

HeX
October 22nd, 2005, 23:00
Its an ok game but it needs some more work.

bundi
October 23rd, 2005, 09:40
Yeah good proof of concept. I agree the music needs syncing with the buttons needig to be pushed somehow. Also a little less picky with how perfect the button press needs to be in the centre.

It would be easier probably when music is in time.

Take a look at stepmania for the xbox as a pointer. maybe can utilise some of his code too make this the PSP dance revoloution. LOL

Good work look forward to a new version.

p4ch3c0
October 23rd, 2005, 21:33
If you want DDR on your PSP, try the ones for Game Boy.

Zaibach333
October 24th, 2005, 23:07
were there official ddr games for gameboy? or are those homebrew for gameboy to be emulated on psp homebrew. *tongue twister

vincesecuricor2005
October 24th, 2005, 23:41
wonder what the next release will bring???