PDA

View Full Version : BD-J Homebrew for PS3 Working With Latest Firmware Update

wraggster
July 30th, 2008, 16:37
Those of you wondering the the BD-J homebrew will still be working then have no fear, i have word from Multiple sources that the BD java Method of homebrew on the PS3 is very much still working.

Good news for us all.

Mc_Logical
July 30th, 2008, 18:53
Yeah! I checked elsewhere before I updated, they might not patch this yet because nothing has come of it yet, I think an ISO loader would be the prob then, homebrew etc not really an issue?

porchemasi
July 30th, 2008, 19:09
The PS3 was designed to run BD-J menus and games off a blue ray disc. Sony cannot just quickly release a quick fix, since if they mess up almost all the BD movies out there simply wont work! (at least there interactive menus and bonus content)

the exploit that allows the ps3 to run BD-J apps off a USB isnt much of a threat I highly doubt anything will come of this other than afew ported homebrew games and simple apps 1st year university computer engineer students muster up for projects (java)

i do hope 1 day the ps3 scene really does take off..

Mc_Logical
July 31st, 2008, 00:44
Yes! because ps3 without homebrew is like coffee without milk or sugar, toast without butter, chips without salt, alcohol without food, u get my point lol so much potential in ps3, anyway I see your point as in nothing ported other than games that have been done? come on im sure emulators can... im no coder, but the instincts? lets see