PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo already working on Wii 2

Shrygue
July 30th, 2008, 18:50
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=194327)

The successor to the Nintendo Wii is already in development and being prepared, president Satoru Iwata has revealed.

"We are always preparing for the next hardware," Iwata told Forbes (http://www.forbes.com/technology/2008/07/28/game-consoles-nextgen-tech-intel-cx_cm_0729consoles.html). "We are under development. ... But the hardware is a kind of box that consumers reluctantly buy in order to play our games."

Not at all surprising news, but what will be interesting is how Nintendo addresses the massive expectation now left by its radical transition from controller to Wii Remote. What will it do next?

"Every hardware needs some revolutionary features," says Iwata. "This time around, it happened to be we had a revolutionary user interface. Will it be the same for the next generation? I really can't tell.

"It's natural for the current customer to expect Nintendo is going to once again do something different," he continues. "If the people are expecting so many different things from Nintendo, it's going to be difficult for us to go beyond that expectation again."

By the look of its current bank balance, don't expect the Wii 2 answers any time soon.

JKKDARK
July 30th, 2008, 18:57
It will take a long time, of course.

XXXW0
July 30th, 2008, 19:16
pfffft wahtever man. They either going to keep this blue ocean stategy or try to win back the hardcore gamers

Randa
July 30th, 2008, 20:25
crazy stuff...

Eviltaco64
July 30th, 2008, 21:34
They need to do something on the graphical side this time.
Seriously, from like 1990-2001 they made the most powerful consoles.
Gamecube was alright since it was in the middle, but Wii graphically just doesnt cut it.

acn010
July 30th, 2008, 22:06
hd has to be included of course, I guess the graphics won't improve... I font know

watupgroupie
July 31st, 2008, 00:35
Ya they need to amp up the graphics and you'd see lots of people take more interest in the console. I bought the tony hawk game for wii and literally looks like a ps1 game, I kid you not. Plus it handles like something a two year vomited on the wall. Maybe find a way to root out all of these crap games for the system.

DarkJesus
July 31st, 2008, 01:14
Nintendo doesn't make Tony Hawk's. Have you not played Super Mario galaxy?

agenericperson
July 31st, 2008, 01:50
The Wii cycle better be longer than a normal cycle. They promised that. Also, the new Wii better have more space, less add-ons and less things to cause me to have to send it to be repaired. I can't count how many times I've had my Wii repaired.

masterchief929
July 31st, 2008, 02:09
why would you have to have it repaired? i got mine when it first came out and have played it almost everyday and it hasn't needed any repairs at all.

now, back to the topic. i think that Ninty's new console will not be out for a looooong time. theyare still on top with console sales and if they released one before the sales went down they would have to go back and check their business and marketing strategies.

JKKDARK
July 31st, 2008, 14:56
They need to do something on the graphical side this time.
Seriously, from like 1990-2001 they made the most powerful consoles.
Gamecube was alright since it was in the middle, but Wii graphically just doesnt cut it.

Well, it will only happens if they fail with the Wii. But I don't see that happeining.

trugamer
July 31st, 2008, 15:39
What's the point in Nintendo improving the graphics?

The graphics aren't bad because of the wii's lack of power, instead developers lack of budget/effort. You only need to look at the gamecube and know the wii is more powerful to know that.

RustyMG
August 1st, 2008, 00:21
Working on the Wii v2 ?
Don't they mean the Gamecube v3 ?

vicious1988
August 1st, 2008, 01:05
That Was Weak!!!!