PDA

View Full Version : Xbox and PS3 to grab Nokia N-Gage games?

JKKDARK
July 30th, 2008, 18:14
via ElectricPig (http://www.electricpig.co.uk/2008/07/30/xbox-and-ps3-to-grab-nokia-n-gage-games/)

Rumour has it Nokia’s mobile games will soon make the leap to the living room, with both Sony and Microsoft in the firing line for console conversions of N-Gage titles.

According to Nokia’s Aki Jarvilehto,the company is looking into concepts “where we use the same assets for Xbox Live Arcade or PlayStation online.”

The Nokia bigwig was speaking at a debate during the Develop Mobile 2008 conference, and while it’s nowhere near an official confirmation, the fact Nokia’s investigating it is enough to get our minds racing.

Both the Xbox’s Live Arcade and the PlayStation Network offer small games for fast download, which would suit N-Gage down to the ground. What’s more, since both consoles are connected to the internet, the N-Gage’s multi-player abilities could easily slot right in.

Of course, there’s the small problem of resolution. We can’t see gamers used to HD-quality graphics settling for mobile games blown up into blur-o-vision on their large telly.

Airdevil
July 30th, 2008, 21:25
Seems pointless, especially when pretty much all the N-Gage games were appalling!

I cant see it happening.

Eviltaco64
July 30th, 2008, 21:28
Maybe that Sonic-N game and that PWN the world game would have moderate success.

noname1
July 30th, 2008, 21:31
I like to see the elder scrolls shadowkey in HD but it need a way better view distance than the n-gage version.

JKKDARK
July 30th, 2008, 21:37
But it's about the next-gen N-Gage, not the old one.

noname1
July 30th, 2008, 21:46
But it's about the next-gen N-Gage, not the old one.
Oh... i don't like the new n-gage because it doesn't have a elder scroll title :(