PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Sues Piracy-Enabling R4 Cart, R4 Sales Predictably Skyrocket

wraggster
July 31st, 2008, 00:38
Yesterday, Kotaku reported on Nintendo and 54 software makers filing an injunction to stop the sales of the R4 and similar devices in Japan. For the uninitiated, the R4 allows you to download DS games online and play them on your DS. Yes, DS piracy. And now said piracy is threatened! So what does that mean? R4 sales are through the roof. Hell, even I bought one yesterday.

http://gizmodo.com/5031048/nintendo-sues-piracy+enabling-r4-cart-r4-sales-predictably-skyrocket

acn010
July 31st, 2008, 05:41
same here lol

ICE
July 31st, 2008, 05:59
I didnt buy one. I already have one..

Epic Pie
July 31st, 2008, 06:23
I got mine in June. :P

acn010
July 31st, 2008, 07:50
congrats cause im waiting mine still >XP

paul3100
July 31st, 2008, 08:35
Come on guys why in H*ll would any of you purchase an R4 these days?

Cons: No new updates for almost 4 months!
Cons:No longer 100% rom compatible
Cons: No features at all except AR cheats (buggy)
Cons:Non SDHC compatible (2 gigs max)
Cons: No longer being produced so future looking bad!
Cons:Price is too high got such a basic card

Pros: It plays most ds games and homebrew

I always bang on about the R4 and why no one should be purchasing one but every point i have made is valid, there are cheaper/better cards these days.......

paul

policrat
July 31st, 2008, 09:59
Come on guys why in H*ll would any of you purchase an R4 these days?

R4 is a press-release catch-all for "DS Flash Device", period. Subsequently where the R4 is under threat, all of them are.

That doesn't mean every mention of the R4 is an endorsement of it over its rivals. We all know the R4 is no longer the biggest kid on the block.

cas2007
July 31st, 2008, 11:29
lol im not surprise for the first time ever i saw a sign saying We sell r4s and Cyclos when i was in england its just so easy to get flash carts atleast it boosts the homebrew scene.

m-p{3}
July 31st, 2008, 15:31
I already got my R4 in January, and it does what intended to do.

ICE
July 31st, 2008, 17:40
R4 is a press-release catch-all for "DS Flash Device", period. Subsequently where the R4 is under threat, all of them are.

That doesn't mean every mention of the R4 is an endorsement of it over its rivals. We all know the R4 is no longer the biggest kid on the block.

Yeah I actually have a couple of M3 N-card clones myself.

Kulawend
July 31st, 2008, 22:22
It's funny how Nintendo is causing the exact thing they are trying to stop, the sale of R4s.

wiggy fuzz
August 3rd, 2008, 08:45
maybe nintendo should ban the ds or the wii to boost their sales?

Keitaro Urashima
August 3rd, 2008, 11:30
I got my R4 & DS last year. Latest R4 firmware is v1.18.

spinal_cord
August 3rd, 2008, 11:51
"Nintendo Sues Piracy-Enabling R4 Cart, R4 Sales Predictably Skyrocket"

Quite predictalb ereally, this will be the first time many people have even heard about flash carts, never mind any spcific brands including the fact that they are compatable with commercial games. Nintendo should have tried to keep this quiet.

redeath
August 3rd, 2008, 14:03
well i got a few in stock and not worryed this at all,i even droped my price for one day to get as many out there as possible :P
come and visit my site and i will hook you up and dont worry there is plenty to share around hehehe

http://www.redboxmodds.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=35