PDA

View Full Version : Dgen PSP v1.10 (Genesis Emulator for PSP)

wraggster
October 23rd, 2005, 15:10
Syn-Z (http://syn-k.sakura.ne.jp/dgen_psp/) has released a new version of the Megadrive/Genesis emulator for the PSP, heres whats new:

Ver 1.10
* VSYNC speed decrease it is not even with ON
* Frame addition of skip and type
* Screen in mode 4: 3 addition
* Sound quality improvement (DAC part)

Download Here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/dgenpsp.shtml

megaman0
October 23rd, 2005, 15:20
is this already 2.0 compatible and can't you people write it down when it gets posted on the main website?

ultros
October 23rd, 2005, 15:38
wow, i haven't tried this emu a few releases long till today and i am very impressed.
if you set vsync=on and screen=fit and max frameskip=1 it runs perfectly :)

i now use this as my default genesis emu and it has a nice outfit, too.

thanks a lot for this em =)

SmashinGit
October 23rd, 2005, 16:33
Just tried this out with Sonic and Sonic 3. Sonic it runs with no problems at all and sonic 3 it struggles slightly but the transperancy effects are working. Also the sound is a lot better now. Excellent release.

PSPworshiper
October 23rd, 2005, 16:38
So wats better DGEN PSP v1.10 or PSP Genesis v0.18c?

atvcom
October 23rd, 2005, 16:54
I would also like to know if this will work on a v2 psp. With or with out the eboot loader 6. I know that v1 didnt.

I have downgraded my psp to 1.5.

So I am now charging and the reinstalling psp v2. if anyone knows this to NOT work with v2 post ASAP so i dont have to bother. Otherwise i'll let u all know in a few minutes. :eek:

wraggster
October 23rd, 2005, 17:08
its for v1.0/v1.5 only

atvcom
October 23rd, 2005, 17:17
:( NOPE :(

I have tried this release with my v2 psp with both 1 and 1.5 versions of dgen and they will not work with or without loader 6. We will just have to wait. I've emailed fanjita and u never know. With the progress being made by him/her(no offence, cause i dont know...lol) the next incarnation of the eboot loader may open up this amazing emu on our puny v2's.....at least i hope so... :) Unless synz makes it compatible????(plz do :p )

til next post....c ya :D

p.s....thanx for the quik reply wraggs i didnt see it in time before i put v2 back on....lol(downgrading time again ;) )

geise69
October 23rd, 2005, 17:21
To me the last two DGEN releases were better than PSPGenesis. I love PSPGenesis too, but this author just seems to have more time devoted to this project. I always thought the sound in DGEN was better than PSPGenesis, and now it's even more improved. There are still some games I play in PSPGenesis because they don't give me graphics clitches, but this is my main genesis emu. For all you Streets of Rage fans this is the emu to run those games on.

atvcom
October 23rd, 2005, 17:23
I couldn't agree more....Lets go BARE KNUCKLE MAD!!! :D

Mr.Modem
October 23rd, 2005, 18:27
I tried this emulator a long time ago but then I was very disappointed. The sound weren't working and the framerate was poor. When I saw so much positive feedback I decided to give it another go. This emu has improved a lot. I get sound in most games with frameskip 1. I still haven't got any sound in Sonic 2. Anyway, this is a very good emu.

Psphreak
October 24th, 2005, 01:24
Big improvement over the previous version I tried (I believe the second version that came out). And it seems as though after several revisions, it's better in terms of speed than the 2nd version of PSPgenesis. Anybody else notice the sound is a bit slow on most of the games though? I tried using the lowest quality sound, and tried upping the max frame to several settings but it's a no go.

ataribob
October 24th, 2005, 01:43
:mad: :mad: That's the only one I use

What i dont like is some game genie copdes have a "T" in the code

But dgen only goes up to "F"

So that makes Most Game genies codes useless.

vincesecuricor2005
October 24th, 2005, 02:05
but is it the best megadrive emu yet?

echel0n
October 24th, 2005, 02:22
just a curious question, why would you want to upgrade to 2.0, when most emus and hb dont work on version 2?

I would also like to know if this will work on a v2 psp. With or with out the eboot loader 6. I know that v1 didnt.

I have downgraded my psp to 1.5.

So I am now charging and the reinstalling psp v2. if anyone knows this to NOT work with v2 post ASAP so i dont have to bother. Otherwise i'll let u all know in a few minutes. :eek:

Green_Hawk
October 24th, 2005, 03:36
I'm upgrading to whatever Grand Theft Auto comes with. I've played the old games so many times.. but unless they find a way to hack new firmware, adios emu!

Virus
October 24th, 2005, 03:40
is it 100% gta will have version 2.5 and also, will they change the location of where to find the version? i hope that neither of the 2 will happen, but one of each would still be good.

vincesecuricor2005
October 24th, 2005, 19:17
This is nice...................PSPGenesis is still ten times better though.

ultros
October 24th, 2005, 22:01
This is nice...................PSPGenesis is still ten times better though.

nope, not if you setup DGen 1.10 correctly.
i tried this one and was somehow dissapointed, but then i played a bit with the settings and voila, it's impressive. i don't know, why this emu hasn't vsync on by default...

vincesecuricor2005
October 24th, 2005, 22:07
but is it better than pspgenesis+what settings did you use please

plungmonies
October 25th, 2005, 07:15
this is a very nice update but the sound is still lacking in the yamaha fm department, not that there is any emu out there that can accurately emulate the sound chip correctly. oh well I guess I can always load a streets of rage midi into my old crappy dx 100.......haha I am lame.

seriously though, this release now makes dgen better than pspgenesis at least on the account that it seems faster and more compatible now.

vincesecuricor2005
October 25th, 2005, 18:12
mmmmm still not sure im still running pspgenesis for the time being

dougpr
October 26th, 2005, 21:39
I like this release, except when playing Road Rash, the horizon is garbled which makes it unplayable. I'm not sure if there's a special way to set up the settings to get it to work though. I couldn't get it to.

vincesecuricor2005
October 26th, 2005, 23:06
all the road rash titles work pretty good on pspgenesis even 3

iball
October 31st, 2005, 18:46
So will it ever be updated to support SegaCD ISOs?
Gotta get my "ol'-school" Lunar on.

dick
November 5th, 2005, 12:15
this better.
better sound for sure.
pspgen i need frameskip at 3 for SF, dgen 1 is smooth!
one bug, doesnt dispkay selection menus for Warsong...

D-Boy
November 5th, 2005, 16:05
This is still my favourite psp emu, just hope working wi fi will come at some point ;)

malcire
November 14th, 2005, 04:48
when I try to run it I get an error.
The Game Could not be started.
(80020001)

could someone help me?

vidgrip
November 14th, 2005, 18:23
I was trying out the 2 player wireless this weekend and couldn't get it working.

I tried it with
Mortal Kombat Trilogy
Toejam and Earl
Mutant League Football

Has anyone had any luck with this...Is there a rom compatability list?

Thanks

vincesecuricor2005
November 15th, 2005, 01:53
sre you sure your doin it right vid?

vidgrip
November 18th, 2005, 14:29
sre you sure your doin it right vid?

I read the read me file reguarding it, and I think I'm doing everything the way its described have you (or anyone else) had any success?

x-zero
February 10th, 2006, 14:42
can Dgen run english roms.

jman420
February 10th, 2006, 20:35
yes, i play all my english american rom's on it, as well as european, and ys 3 japan, it plays almost anything. . . .

pkmaximum
February 10th, 2006, 21:00
So when do you think there is going to be multiplayer support for both screens....