PDA

View Full Version : PSP wants from the media!

Virus
October 24th, 2005, 03:47
what do you want psp to have in the near future, which is possible
(nothing like xbox emus and ect.)

Mine are:
version 2.00 hombrew or version 1.50 full web broswer
firmware on memerycard
a way to put a .gif image for your background or loading screen.

and #1 of all is to let DOS games to work, cause my fav games of all time are all DOS. some tyrain 2000 and all them shooters, the doom emu works well but there are only first person shooters, but a DOS emu would let you play a large genre more.

place what you want and mybe some guy looking for his next project stubles acccros it.

plungmonies
October 24th, 2005, 05:17
have you tried pspdosbox yet?

Virus
October 24th, 2005, 05:58
i did but all my games are like 1 frame a minute :P

10shu
October 24th, 2005, 06:31
i would love to have a cps emu on the psp...so we can play some of the arcade classics

and multiplayer for the neogeo cd emu would be nice too...

rokobungi
October 24th, 2005, 06:46
i'd like palm IR keyboard support with one of the dos emu's though I guess I could just make a batch menu (if I remember how... it's been 6 years since I've done any bat's with anything other than just mouse drivers and stuff

RedKing14CA
October 24th, 2005, 07:09
i want a Keyboard (USB or Wifi preferably, IR is pretty slow from what i know)

A camera (its in the friggan official PlayStation magazine that following the release of the PSP a USB camera for the PSP would come out, its been like 7 months!!! are they going to follow the release soon!?!?!)

A custom bootscreen (i changed the whole PSP logo intro [default] to EA Games cuz it was the only PMF i had that fit the under 1mb thing...) i want to be able to convert a GIF or WMV or MP4 to PMF to change my bootscreen to something cool! like a slice of a music video or something!!!

A GIF background sounds nice!! an animated GIF background... ooh..

A custom firmware- a whole new custom firmware would be awsome, whatever happened to WINPSP!??!!

Mr.Modem
October 24th, 2005, 17:51
i would love to have a cps emu on the psp...so we can play some of the arcade classics

and multiplayer for the neogeo cd emu would be nice too...

Yeah, that's what I want too, a good arcade emu. I doesn't have to run so many games, I would be glad if I just could play a few classics.

F9zDark
October 28th, 2005, 07:54
There are IR keyboards that work with the PSP. I can't find the download now, might want to check ps2dev.org forums for them. The thing that pisses me off is that all of these developers that are making OSes or OS emulators for the PSP are using this P-Sprint method for key input. While it is a nice feature, it would also be nice if they took the keyboard driver that has been written for the PSP and implement that as well...

I just hope when PSP-AIM comes out, the maker will give it IR keyboard support...

iball
October 28th, 2005, 21:51
I want kernel-mode access exploited so that all the emus could be recoded with PSP-specific hardware optimizations in order to run faster, better, stronger.
We can rebuild him....

Everything previous posters have wanted all starts with this one thing.

bobcobb
October 28th, 2005, 22:01
Agreed, true emulation is a must.

I REALLY want them to start developing infrastructure multiplayer homebrew. This would be friggin awesome. Play neogeo games with your friends in korea!