PDA

View Full Version : Just transfered back to DS, Have some FAQ Gaps

Cross
October 24th, 2005, 06:34
Ok I have come back to the DS after being bored with my PSP. I would like to know the differences and catch up on whats happened since I have been gone so I will be reading a while. However I have noticed a few things so I want to ask a few questions for clarification:

A) It seems there is more then one way to run DS Homebrew and the FAQ up did not give me the info I was looking for. It seems you can run it through either the GBA or DS Game slots. I am not 100% sure on this so some clarification would be nice.

B) I noticed there are two DS's that are said not to run Homebrew. IQue I believe it was and a Red DS I am sure I am ok on the Red color but the IQue I am not sure of. So a way to tell would be nice. Thanks. (Unless I do not have to worry about this)

C) Back to the different methods of HB. I noticed that the FAQ ref.'s the the method you choose. Implying more then one but I did not see any detail on what ways there are. So in link with above which is the pref'd and most useable method in the sense of future ability. I would assume the DS side but then I could be completely wrong and need both.

D) Which method do many of you use? And what would you recommend?

Thanks and again I checked through the FAQ but could have missed something (Many do it) But I would like to start somewhere and this is the best way I felt ^-^

RedKing14CA
October 24th, 2005, 06:53
nooo... dont leave the cool psp....

jk, thats cool your going to DS, i tried to buy one on ebay, won a bid of $98 but the chump didnt send it for two months, so i got my cash back (yay)!

well.... i would also liek to know more about DS homebrew, you guys got plans for N64 emu? can you atleast emulate SNES and NES? and what about DS, are there custom DS games? well... thx.. and good luck Cross!

(p.s. i tried messaging you and i got a reply from your linux saying you werent accepting messages from me.... that cut me deep man :( )

souLLy
October 24th, 2005, 09:54
the method i use:

got a regular gba flashcard
bought a super passme

-put ds homebrew on the gba flashcard using the software that came with it.
-put an official ds game in the passme device.
-plug both the gba cart and the passme device into the ds
-switch on.

works fine for me.
as for emulators wait and see, i can't see an n64 emulator with any kind of compatibility or speed coming any time soon. let developers get used to the hardware first.

Cross
October 24th, 2005, 22:29
nooo... dont leave the cool psp....

jk, thats cool your going to DS, i tried to buy one on ebay, won a bid of $98 but the chump didnt send it for two months, so i got my cash back (yay)!

well.... i would also liek to know more about DS homebrew, you guys got plans for N64 emu? can you atleast emulate SNES and NES? and what about DS, are there custom DS games? well... thx.. and good luck Cross!

(p.s. i tried messaging you and i got a reply from your linux saying you werent accepting messages from me.... that cut me deep man :( )

Not sure why it did that to you, I did not do it but I have put linux on hold for now so try me again or my MSN one to.