PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about 2.00

IndianCheese
October 24th, 2005, 21:36
I think I want to update to 2.00. Think I'm crazy? I'm not. I like web browsing and music-to-PSP downloading. I like AVC video. I like my own backgrounds. But, I like homebrew, too. Can anyone tell me how good the 2.00 EBOOT loader is? I would really like to know so I can decide what I want to do. Plz help!

Putin
October 24th, 2005, 22:35
With that loader you're able to play Quake 1 but not any of the emulators (Snes,Neo.....) and you can use your own Backgroud on PSP 1.5. I don't realy get what you want to tell me with that movieformat ?

Bikerboy
October 25th, 2005, 00:05
where did you get those from it sounds like something fun to mess about with send me a message or email me thanks dude!!!

J sims
October 25th, 2005, 02:07
Pretty soon you will be able to load 2.0 into ram like a normal homebrew emulator without physically upgrading your 1.5 firmware.

ataribob
October 25th, 2005, 13:29
You can play Snes with the latest eboot 2.00

neogeo
October 27th, 2005, 04:38
Pretty soon you will be able to load 2.0 into ram like a normal homebrew emulator without physically upgrading your 1.5 firmware.

This would be interesting. So then you would be able to use the browser, avc, etc ?

Fanjita
October 29th, 2005, 01:07
With that loader you're able to play Quake 1 but not any of the emulators (Snes,Neo.....) and you can use your own Backgroud on PSP 1.5. I don't realy get what you want to tell me with that movieformat ?

Not true.

Check current status of compatibility with the EBOOT loader at this page (http://www.fanjita.org/psp_working.html).

Snes, Nes, NeoGeo, etc. emulators all working fine, plus most of the major homebrew games.

HeX
October 29th, 2005, 04:04
The 2.0 Loader is great! It loads most EBOOTS. I recomend it to everyone.

Hacker3.0
October 29th, 2005, 16:25
now ypou can play almost all games with the lastest version including emulators because he fopund a way to get more memory

iball
October 29th, 2005, 23:50
Hmmm....does the GBA emulator still have issues with the newest version?

HeX
October 30th, 2005, 08:09
I think so but most other emulators work fine. Try testing it out yourself.

iball
October 30th, 2005, 09:39
Still has ROM loading issues. Probably because it's using some sort of kernel-mode debugging or programming. It's up to the GBA emulator author to make it play entirely in user-mode. Which, if he's someone optimized the code to use PSP-specific kernel-mode hardware functions, isn't going going to happen anytime soon.

YourStillWithMe
October 30th, 2005, 15:47
2.00 loader is crap compared to the 1.5 format of loading the games you cant even get back to the home menu you have to hold the power button for like 10 secs to shut it off and its such a pain in the ass plus it plays less than half of the eboots that are out. Web Browser? Dont get me into that its stupid and your pretty pathetic if you have to surf the net on your psp think about it for a sec. . .its pathetic. 1.00 and 1.5-the best firmwares I do believe for some reason that the new anticapated 3.00 that is supposed to be released by DEC will make me update one of my psp's than again i'll have to probably stay on 1.5 for both of them so if some other firmware gets cracked i will update and stop having to wait for such games as GTA to be cracked after every release

iball
October 31st, 2005, 02:20
2.00 loader is crap compared to the 1.5 format of loading the games you cant even get back to the home menu you have to hold the power button for like 10 secs to shut it off and its such a pain in the ass plus it plays less than half of the eboots that are out.
Then perhaps you should build a better loader?

Web Browser? Dont get me into that its stupid and your pretty pathetic if you have to surf the net on your psp think about it for a sec. . .its pathetic.
Wow, it's pretty pathetic to complain all the time and never get off your butt to help make anything better.

1.00 and 1.5-the best firmwares
If they're the best, then why can't GTA run on them? Oh THAT'S right, it's encrypted for the new firmware 2.0.

I do believe for some reason that the new anticapated 3.00 that is supposed to be released by DEC will make me update one of my psp's than again i'll have to probably stay on 1.5 for both of them so if some other firmware gets cracked i will update and stop having to wait for such games as GTA to be cracked after every release
DEC? Digital Electronic Corporation is creating the Sony firmware?
Or did you mean the Disasters Emergency Committee? Perhaps the Division for Early Childhood?

All I hear is whining. Don't like something? Then change it yourself.