PDA

View Full Version : its official..gta lcs needs firmware 2.0

plungmonies
October 25th, 2005, 08:36
yup thats right it looks like we are gonna need to upgrade to 2.0 in order to play liberty city, and it looks as though no current loaders will work.
Luckily we can always downgrade from 2.0 once a solution has been discovered (it could have been worse, we may have needed 2.5 to play).

*o*
October 25th, 2005, 08:53
uumm we could use one of the 2 possible version changers...

PSP_Newbie
October 25th, 2005, 09:53
i thought we already knew this for a while...but then again its probably "official" now
and a quick run through the version changer program to trick your psp would easily fix this for those that still havent dont so

GMaC
October 25th, 2005, 10:48
If you own a psp V1.50 did you try DevHook V0.22 to bypass the update on the GTA LC UMD Game?

plungmonies
October 25th, 2005, 11:44
the version changer does not work for liberty city nor does devhook.
so far nobody has the game working on a 1.5 psp.
sorry when I wrote loaders I really meant the version changers as well but neither wab or sxt loaders work.
we will just have to be patient I guess.

GMaC
October 25th, 2005, 12:07
First off do you own the GTA LC UMD Game that you bought at the store?

This was posted at pspcrazy front page

10/24/05: How to Keep v1.50 firmware while playing GTA LCS!

1.First download SXT Version Changer 2.02

2.Then install it on your PSP using the included readme.

3.Then open the program in your psp, and select the v2.1 firmware.

4.Follow what it says and then load your gta game or any other higher firmware requiring game, and itll work fine without asking for the firmware upagrade :)

Hope i can save a few people from upgrading :).

-PSPCrazy.com

plungmonies
October 25th, 2005, 12:23
yeah I just read that too, trying it now.
btw yes this is shop bought (although an import)

PSmonkey
October 25th, 2005, 14:17
have you tryed the swap disc method? Boot a 1.0 or 1.5 game then at the psp logo screen quickly swap for gta?

I've booted other 2.0 & 1.51 games with this method.

Dogcow
October 25th, 2005, 16:42
The Disc swap method is a no-go. It reports some crazy new error with lots of F's. I'm about to try the other method to see if it works.

Cheers,
-Dogcow "moof!"

plungmonies
October 25th, 2005, 17:06
I have tried the pspcrazy method and its all bullshit. discswap does not work, dumping the iso does not work, no known loader works, devhook does not work.
who knows why? speculation is rife but at the end of the day in order to play it you will need to update......simple................................ .......for now.

Dogcow
October 25th, 2005, 17:06
I don't think the guys at psp crazy even tried their suggestion before posting it...It doesn't work. I tried the 2.0 firmware and 7.5 firmware and neither of them worked. The error I'm getting from GTA is FFFFFED3.

-Dogcow "moof!"

samui_samu
October 25th, 2005, 17:08
Ya I just got my copy too....And it said it needed to upgrade and I was like WTF...

I thought I'd come here first to see if the tricks would work...but it doesn't seem as though they do......real bummer man....real bummer.

HeX
October 25th, 2005, 18:22
I dont know about you guys but i would rather update and play gta then stay at 1.5 and not be able to play it. Just cus gta is sutch a good game.

Sharkey
October 25th, 2005, 19:17
well i just bought the game and brought it home expecting that the wabs version changer will work.
if not, like you guys say, i may be taking it back to the store, im NOT going to upgrade just to play this game,
its just not worth it to me.

@hex, you cant be serious, after playing through ALL of the other games on several systems im actually a bit sick of it.
i was thinking gta psp wouldbe nice but definately not worth giving up quake, doom, hexen, heretic, snes, genesis, and gba and their hundreds of games.

edit: im thinking if nothing else works ill just upgrade and then use the downgrader when im done with it.

echel0n
October 25th, 2005, 19:46
i agree with Sharkey, why upgrade for one game when you will lose out on tons of all the games now?

lowride
October 25th, 2005, 19:56
the game just came out, let people work on it. They should be able to do it.

J sims
October 25th, 2005, 20:10
What about the program that runs official firmwares of of the memory stick insread of flash? If the person updates his program you should be able to run official firmware version 2.0 off the memory stick then do a hard reset(holding the off button for 10 seconds) to get back to firmware 1.5.

dougpr
October 25th, 2005, 20:35
I wonder if the releases in other nations will be the same way.

sitexec
October 25th, 2005, 22:44
okay, first off, you all need to relax, the game came out today, damn.
Second, the game may not be playable with 1.5 for something stupid like, checking if the psp has the webbrowser. My guess is they threw in some stupid ass counter measure quick to get people to upgrade, and as soon as someone runs a debug on the UMD, they will see what its checking for. Dont be tards and get so mad, give the dev community some time, geez...

ataribob
October 26th, 2005, 00:09
plungmonies

What version in your "system settings" Firmware is ????

ataribob
October 26th, 2005, 00:16
well i just bought the game and brought it home expecting that the wabs version changer will work.
if not, like you guys say, i may be taking it back to the store, im NOT going to upgrade just to play this game,
its just not worth it to me.

@hex, you cant be serious, after playing through ALL of the other games on several systems im actually a bit sick of it.
i was thinking gta psp wouldbe nice but definately not worth giving up quake, doom, hexen, heretic, snes, genesis, and gba and their hundreds of games.

edit: im thinking if nothing else works ill just upgrade and then use the downgrader when im done with it.

If they changed the code so it would not work with the version changer.
Then I would not use the Update they could have slipped in a code to fix the downgrader too.
You would be crazy to try

vincesecuricor2005
October 26th, 2005, 00:37
sony just keep breaking me wat do i do?????

Sharkey
October 26th, 2005, 03:04
i havent yet atari bob, i hear rumors now that its actally 2.01 and not 2.0.
mines still in the plastic.
ill wait patiently to see if its workable,
if not back to the store it goes.

vincesecuricor2005
October 26th, 2005, 10:56
imagine being in the position whereas you couldnt have homebrew again no no no BUT the eboot loader is gettin better everyday......

xmodx
October 26th, 2005, 16:04
at least on the plus side nesterJ works with all versions of the eboot loader and and that is the real reason I got into homebrew in the first place but all the work that I"ve done with pbp unloaders and custom icons and tweaking and hiding corrupt data wouldn't apply anymore so... if push comes to shove I guess I'll be ok

vincesecuricor2005
October 26th, 2005, 23:53
does snes9xtyl work with loader?

Heran_Bago
October 27th, 2005, 01:56
It's Sony's system. They want you to play LCS, not Genesis games. You play by their rules or you don't play their games. That simple.

parabolee
October 29th, 2005, 02:23
SNES TYL 0.1 works with the Eboot loader. Which is better than nothing :)