PDA

View Full Version : PSPGBA v1.1 release (Gameboy Advance Emulator for PSP)

wraggster
October 25th, 2005, 18:16
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/pspgba102.JPG

PSP298 (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=12848) has released in our PSP Emulation and Homebrew Forum --> http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=12848 a new version of his port of Visual Boy Advance to the PSP, heres whats new in this version:

Change in v1.1
- Speed increase, how much, try it and see it yourself
- Add 240x160 screen mode
- Add vsync on/off, can speed-up a little bit for some game

Download from the release topic here --> http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=12848 or our PSPGBA page here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/pspgba.shtml
Download 76 Freeware/Homebrew roms for GBA from here --> http://gbaemu.dcemu.co.uk/gba_roms.shtml

Thanks to PSP298 for this excellent release for the PSP Scene :)

vincesecuricor2005
October 25th, 2005, 18:21
PSP298 is our god (just under wraggster) & saviour well done geezer

v_toe
October 25th, 2005, 18:33
just tried it now and is very playable on most games (oh and i like the analog movement thats been implemented on it)

ForteGSX
October 25th, 2005, 18:46
Woo, This is all I really wanted from the start. Keep up this good and honestly god-like work.

vincesecuricor2005
October 25th, 2005, 18:51
come far from the original vba we have

xmodx
October 25th, 2005, 19:20
So has the speed really improved that much?!? What about the sound?!? Of course this comes out on the day I didn't bring my usb cord to the office...

Mr.Modem
October 25th, 2005, 19:23
I think there is a great speed improvement in this version but maybe I'm a little bit too optimistic. The sound is still crap though.

xmodx
October 25th, 2005, 19:35
I'm a total nerd, I know, but has any tried Charlie and the Chocolate Factory I mean Speed wise?

vincesecuricor2005
October 25th, 2005, 20:06
its not too bad if you play with the settings a little, my little boy loves it have fun

Tomppa
October 25th, 2005, 20:11
Whoo. I better try this when I'm less tired...

vincesecuricor2005
October 25th, 2005, 20:19
couldnt wait to try it tired or not

pkmusicmaker
October 25th, 2005, 22:10
Am I the only one who can't get this zip file unzipped? It keeps saying its an invalid archive and that the zip file is corrupt.

vincesecuricor2005
October 25th, 2005, 22:21
just download it again it does that sometimes to me weird innit

Hevyduty
October 25th, 2005, 22:23
Am I the only one who can't get this zip file unzipped? It keeps saying its an invalid archive and that the zip file is corrupt.
Try downloading it again. It probably didn't download completely the first time. Winzip gave the same message after I downloaded PSP Doom last night. So I tried downloading it again and everything worked fine.

Can't wait to try out this release myself later tonight.

vincesecuricor2005
October 25th, 2005, 22:29
youll love it trust me

ShinSean
October 25th, 2005, 23:14
call me stupid but . .

shouldn't the readme file in the zip say something - ANYTHING about pushing the triangle button to get to the gui? :mad:

oh well - this release is playing better though i'll admit.

vincesecuricor2005
October 25th, 2005, 23:41
Much better perfect cant be such a dreamy presumtion now surely?

pkmusicmaker
October 26th, 2005, 05:22
hmm i've tried downloading several times and no luck. any other suggestions? this is very strange.

Virus
October 26th, 2005, 05:25
at this rate the next one or the one after will be perfect, all they need to put is a turbo botton and frame botton thingy for the d-pad

ddblue
October 26th, 2005, 06:45
Pokemon Emerald doesn't seem to work.

I can load the homebrew GBA stuff fine, but when I try to load up Pokemon Emerald I get stuck on a white screen (that I can cancel out of). Anyone else run into any compatibility issues? This rom works on my PC, so I am pretty sure it's not the ROM...

Any suggestions, maybe?

pkmusicmaker
October 26th, 2005, 07:31
actually i noticed the zip file that keeps downloading and not working is only 155kb, and the file should be over 500kb. Anyone know how to get the whole thing to download? I feel like something is preventing the rest from downloading. figures the one thing i really want won't work.

Edit: Forget it, it just randomly worked after hours of trying different things. I love technology is such a sarcastic way sometimes.

astrakan
October 26th, 2005, 09:07
Hi guys!
I noticed that there are two threads about PSPGBA 1.1: one is in PSP Emulation News Forum (this one) and the other is in the PSP Emulation and Homebrew Forum.
They are talking about the same topics so I think it is a bit confusing following both.
This way I find this interesting topic "scattered" in more threads and impossible to post constructive comments.
Is it possible (administraaaaaator) to join them into a single thread?
Do you think it is possible to have a PSP Homebrew Forum AND a PSP Emulator Forum (containing comments, tests, news)? The releases could be highlighted and made sticky!!!
It is not a good idea to optimize the posts? :o

vincesecuricor2005
October 26th, 2005, 10:51
whats wrong with the threads man i follow quite easily

Tomppa
October 26th, 2005, 12:48
I think he did not mean he had any trouble following them currently, they would be even more easier that way. And looks like he is a little new here :)

indstr
October 26th, 2005, 15:14
regarding the PSPGBA v1.1 release... i tried it out last night on about 5 or 6 different gba games... i tried to optimize my settings and put frameskip on about 4 with the lowest resolution... and they all still ran really slowly, and the sound is HORRIBLE. this emulator is not really playable yet. (nowhere near as fast as super nintendo, which still sucks)... but i still commend the author for his work and hope that somebody continues this endeavor!

mog
October 26th, 2005, 18:17
doesnt work on my v1.0 psp :(

odino
October 26th, 2005, 18:20
Great Work!!! Thanks psp298, but can you add the hack/debug menu of snes9xTYL?

SmashinGit
October 26th, 2005, 18:52
Here you go Mog, Gba 1.1 for firmware v1.0

H3NCH
October 26th, 2005, 20:50
Well i dont kno wat u ppl think but i still reckon its way to slow, but it is substantially improved

xuphorz
October 26th, 2005, 22:39
can sum1 tell me a playable game on this?

vincesecuricor2005
October 26th, 2005, 22:43
does anyone know if pokemon emerald is playable on this?

xuphorz
October 26th, 2005, 22:49
see second page, last post

vincesecuricor2005
October 26th, 2005, 22:54
whoops my bad sorry, xuphorz u the man put me in my place LOL

PSP_Newbie
October 26th, 2005, 23:17
hehe, i tried Zelda Minish Cap on this and was surprised to see it pretty playable(but no sound of course) running at 60-70%-ish speed(sry im bad at approx. guesses) but either way i found it more or less playable at like 2 framskip

vincesecuricor2005
October 26th, 2005, 23:21
is that game any good?

astrakan
October 27th, 2005, 10:18
I think he did not mean he had any trouble following them currently, they would be even more easier that way. And looks like he is a little new here :)

Exactly. You got the point.
There is another (and maybe a third) thread with a very similar title discussing the same topic (PSPGBA 1.1). People are posting testing results here and there so you have to jump from one post to another. I think is time-comsuming (I don't have a lot of time and I would like not to waste it) and pointless.
Lot of friends will not meet and will not exchange their ideas just because they did not realize there is another "identical" thread.

I don't think is a matter of newbieness, it is just a matter of optimization!
:)

vincesecuricor2005
October 27th, 2005, 11:20
ok i get you now soz geezer

vidgrip
October 28th, 2005, 18:34
Although it's slow...I am loving this emu, putting it up there with NEOCD and FRODO. Worms WP is good slowdown doesn't effect gameplay too much and Mario vs Donkey Kong is also good, if you put sound on for cut scenes, you can even make out the Voice Audio...although a lil choppy.

Thankyou PSP298

vincesecuricor2005
October 29th, 2005, 01:18
not long surely and we'll have a gba emulator on the same level as the snes and megadrive/genesis ones

Torched11
November 8th, 2005, 09:23
When I extract the files on to my PSP, i go to games memory card and then when i try load the emulator it says its corrupt and wont open, please can someone help me with this ASAP, thanks PM me

*o*
November 8th, 2005, 09:55
lol im playing minish cap on frameskip of 5

vincesecuricor2005
November 8th, 2005, 14:02
in reply to torchs post, for some reason if u try hiding the corrupt icon for this it stops it workin : (

Torched11
November 8th, 2005, 17:12
This PSP is killing me, I cant put anything on, nothing wants to work, I just downloaded a downgrader to v1.50 but that doesnt do anything, dont even know how to use it, someone really needs to help me :(

iball
November 8th, 2005, 17:22
Go search. Read a FAQ.

vincesecuricor2005
November 8th, 2005, 17:40
if u need a hand then e-mail me on [email protected] and i will sort u out geezer ive got ALL progs workin ok

vampireghost9
November 10th, 2005, 16:20
hey guys i realized that there is another thread for the gba, but my question still has gone unanswered. in my previous thread i mentioned that i could not save any data from the gba roms i was playing through the psp. is anyone else having problems with saving game states. it seems like everyone is having fun playing gba-roms on psp, but what about continuing from where you left off. i can't save my progress freeze file or in-game. please someone help me fix this problem. i love fire emblem but i don't want to start the game over every time i play it, that gets pretty boring. i don't understand something....how can you have fun playing gbapsp 1.1 if you can't even save your game? the emu offers save states but do they work or what. i tried to save state but when i do that the system kicks me out of the gbapsp emu i then i have to start the game all over. that sucks. :confused:

Jarvis
May 25th, 2006, 14:33
no

sroon
May 26th, 2006, 00:23
no
...................yes

Khalsa
June 16th, 2006, 14:10
I dloaded the file, unzipped it, made a folder called GBA in the GAMES folder, then i extracted the files into GBA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> After, i went on my PSP into the MEMORY STICK folder. I selected it and the Emulator was there. I selected the Emulator and a message came up saying 'THIS GAME CANNOT BE STARTED.THE DATA IS CORRUPTED'

WHAT DID I DO WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!?????????:confused:

pkmaximum
June 16th, 2006, 17:21
Dude I wouldn't even reccomend using this program the emulator sux for most GBA games. But if your really determined to play it make sure you have 1.5 firmware. Because if it sais its corrupted that most likeley means you have a higher firmware that just can't run it.

Khalsa
June 17th, 2006, 13:36
Does any kind of Emulator work on a firmware 2.71 PSP? If so, Which ones. REPLY ASAP!!!

Khalsa
June 17th, 2006, 13:43
IS there any way you can downgrade a firmware 2.71 PSP. If there is TELL ME HOW!!

SweetFA
June 17th, 2006, 13:53
IS there any way you can downgrade a firmware 2.71 PSP. If there is TELL ME HOW!!
No.

You might as well not come on here as there's nothing for you.

pimpjuice10
June 17th, 2006, 18:12
No.

You might as well not come on here as there's nothing for you.
lol sweetfa. thats kinda harsh. he/she is probably new to psp and homebrew

SweetFA
June 17th, 2006, 19:00
He'll not get the opportunity to be new to homebrew :rolleyes:

tsurumaru
June 18th, 2006, 00:15

Double posting things like REPLY ASAP!!! and TELL ME HOW!!! is not really the way to engender yourself to the community, not even a please, he pretty much got the answer he deserved...

Mr.Swak
November 21st, 2007, 23:42
Can someone tell me how to downgrade my psp?
its v3.71 and I want it to be able to play this...
I cant find a downgrader.