PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Landstalker remake canceled?

wraggster
August 2nd, 2008, 11:57
Landstalker was planned for PSP as of TGS three years back. I spoke with Kan Naito and Climax's vice president, who both stated that they'd gotten back all the key staff for the game, and were making good progress remaking the whole game in 3D. Tim and I spoke with them at length about changing the 2D world into a rotate-able 3D one, and I have the scratchy audio file somewhere if anyone's curious, as it never got transcribed due to its extremely unlistenable quality. Anyway, since that time there's been a placeholder Landstalker splash image and page up on the Climax site - and some time within the last two months or so, it became a 404. There hadn't been any new news about it for ages, so it stands to reason that it might be gone, but still a shame. Steal Princess seems to be a worthy successor, but I'd like to have seen how the original was turning out as well. I'll update this with a wayback link once their servers are working properly again.

http://www.insertcredit.com/archives/002460.html

geise69
August 3rd, 2008, 14:32
That's a real shame. The Shining series was one of my favorites on the Genesis, and Landstalker was amazing. I was so excited when i saw the video from TGS back in 2005. I totally forgot about the remake though until now. It is a same it is probably never going to happen. Even if it still does, I doubt sega would bring it State side.