PDA

View Full Version : Question of the Day: What's Your Most Expensive, Dumbest Gadget Oops?

wraggster
August 2nd, 2008, 12:08
To many of us, our gadgets are like our babies: we bring them everywhere, they're expensive, and we would go to great lengths to protect them. But just like babies, sometimes gadgets get dropped. The results are often tragic, and the guilt crippling. Maybe you haven't drenched your new $1600 keyboard in coffee, but have you accidentally plunked your BlackBerry in a urinal? Put your iPod through the wash? Has your adorable puppy destroyed your new laptop in a territorial gesture? What's your worst, your most embarrassing, your most expensive or just your most ridiculous "oh, shit" gadget moment?

http://gizmodo.com/5032270/question-of-the-day-whats-your-most-expensive-dumbest-gadget-oops

Eviltaco64
August 2nd, 2008, 12:27
Frying computers at a young age due to inexperience.

michael_dack_2005
August 2nd, 2008, 18:03
Spilling a drink over my first asus eee PC WHILST installing an internal mod!

hc123
August 5th, 2008, 17:09
Many an ipod have died at the hands of swimming trunks, but my worst was diet coke in the motherboard - had to get a whole new load of hardware :(

Also, uh was once curious what a voltage switch did at a young age - bang, fried etc.

pibs
August 6th, 2008, 10:36
A long time ago i ran out of batteries 4 my gameboy pocket, decided to do a lil modding. I hooked up my xmas lights to where the batteries go(looked like xmas in july!). Worked for about an hour and it then completely fried my gbp. hah AC wall adapters are 4 chumps.