PDA

View Full Version : The Power Of Video Game Suggestion - Mmmm, Eggs

wraggster
August 2nd, 2008, 12:12
Since playing through Metal Gear Solid IV, I've gone through a dozen eggs a week. I never used to eat this many eggs, but there I am, nearly every morning, cracking open fresh ones into a hot frying pan, pausing to watch the egg white turn from translucent to opaque, humming a little song to myself. Hell, I never really ate eggs sunny side up before the damn game came out. I was a scramblin' man. Quick, easy, no fuss. What has this stupid game done to me?

Is this an isolated case, or have you folks ever found yourself eating, drinking, or doing things a certain way after seeing it in a game? I'm not talking purchasing large baskets of Axe deodorant due to an in-game ad here - we've all done that. I'm talking more subtle things here. Going on a fresh fruit kick after a Pac-Man marathon, or getting really into curry after watching the marathon curry cutscene in Xenosaga II? How much power do video games have over our daily habits? If only we had a comments section in which to discuss such things.

http://kotaku.com/5032258/the-power-of-video-game-suggestion-+-mmmm-eggs

Neenish Tart
August 2nd, 2008, 14:43
oh my God. I ate so much pizza while playing The Sims 2 that I put on ten kilos... I thought I was the only one who did stuff like this!

Hmm, of all the stupid things to talk about for my first post...

Aryn
August 2nd, 2008, 18:10
Actually, I can not recall one time when I started doing anything that I saw in a video game.

osgeld
August 2nd, 2008, 21:38
i started smoking after playing "hang on" in the arcades

(not really)

goshogun1
August 3rd, 2008, 07:37
For some reason while playing MGS 3 I had an urge to actually try cooked snake because Snake liked it so much. But sadly I never got around to it. Local markets didn't have it for some reason. But it did make me buy a carton of ramen though! The "food of the future" as they called it. :thumbup:
Tales of Symphonia and Baten Kaitos both introduced me to some foods I had never tried before. Their in-game descriptions sounded awesome, so in real life I had to try some.

Mc_Logical
August 3rd, 2008, 15:20
I went out and stole a car after playing GTA IV then hit and run some ppl down, so yes u could say games have an effect on life lol

mike_jmg
August 4th, 2008, 02:54
when I was younger, after playing GTA vice city I felt I could just take a car in the street, of course I didn't (common sense), but it felt weird

A friend of mine and I, started ordering peperoni and mushroms pizza after playing Devil May Cry 3, not like all the time, it was the same times we used to order but it had to be with those ingredients :p. Even nowadays he is still ordering it (tastes really good, give it a try sometime)