PDA

View Full Version : AmplituDS v4 released! and Updated

wraggster
August 2nd, 2008, 12:36
Heres both newsposts of the recent AmplituDS (http://amplituds.drunkencoders.com/)v4 release:

AmplituDS was my first real project for the NDS, and it was also one of the first homebrew games to feature music and not only that, but on top of that it's actually also used as gameplay element.
I've been improving it since I released the first version to the public. A lot. Hopefully my efforts will not go unnoticed.
This game is actually based on the gameplay of Amplitude for the PlayStation 2, from the creators who also made Guitar Hero later on.

It seemed the v4 downloads I had up had two flaws:
1) Difficulty selection menu was -seriously- flawed.
2) AmplituDS wouldn't work on R4.

Both of these issues are fixed now.
If you downloaded AmplituDS v4 before this message was posted, please redownload. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Also, there's no need to register for the forums to be able to obtain the new, seperately downloadable stages. Each of the stages posts has a nice "Download" link in it which everyone should be able to use, even if not registered.

Yep, it happened again... I said I wouldn't work on it anymore, and voila, another version appears anyway.

V4 has quite a few bugfixes, a couple of new features, and three new playable stages from the get go, with more in the making.

The other two stages, are downloadable on the forums only, and can be found here. They are "Ode to Megaman" by Aaron, and "Unreal" by Dementedioser.

As for some other news: Aaron also made a nice new stage creator application for AmplituDS, which makes the process a lot easier. Thanks, Aaron. Check that out over here.

Now, what's new in AmplituDS v4?
A new and improved way of adding worlds and stages! With the ease of dropping in a folder.
New layouts and settings formats (made easy by a converter created by Aaron)
Making hitting the targets more visual.
Create several new looks for targets.

The bugs fixed?
Freestyle possibly working in menus; thanks to Dementedioser for bringing it to my attention
Instruments marked to be played in the background could fail; thanks to Aaron for bringing it to my attention
Wrong menu option highlighted for 1/30th of a second when going to a new menu; thanks to Aaron for bringing it to my attention
Scoring inconsistency when using autoblaster in certain situations; thanks to Aaron for bringing it to my attention

Thanks go out to all the stage creators and people who helped made this a reality. Special thanks to Aaron, Dementedioser and DevilSpawn for this one.

Enjoy, guys!

Download Here (http://nintendo-ds.dcemu.co.uk/amplituds_v4.zip) and Give Feedback Via Comments

some_guy_named_matt
August 3rd, 2008, 14:05
this is prettyyyyy damn awesome!

[Matt]