PDA

View Full Version : The 3rd Birthday Trailer Impressions

wraggster
August 2nd, 2008, 12:46
It's been way too long since Square visited their Parasite Eve franchise; in fact, almost eight years have passed since Aya Brea took on the threats of dangerous mitochondrial beasts. At the DKΣ3713 Private party event in Harajuku today, Square showed off a trailer that marked Aya's return in The 3rd Birthday, which appears to have moved from the cell phone to the PSP.

While the trailer was rather short, it started out by focusing on events that occurred from the previous two games. This included many of the visually striking cutscenes in a montage that highlighted many of the monsters that Aya destroyed. This quickly moved into a scene where Aya walked down the aisle of an empty church in a wedding dress. However, it didn't appear that the wedding would fully take place, as a figure appeared in the doorway of the church. Suddenly, the glass and pews of the church crumbled and fell to the floor, as did the decorative flower arrangements inside. As Aya turned and raised a pistol, a wedding ring fell to the floor. With the floor slowly being covered in blood, the trailer ended and the logo flashed up on screen.

Clearly, we don't have enough information yet as to what the setting or the premise is behind The 3rd Birthday, nor was a release date provided. But the fact that another Parasite Eve game is in the works is a great extra for Sony and survival horror fans.

http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/896/896059p1.html

Buddy4point0
August 2nd, 2008, 14:00
I would love to see the trailer but I can't seam to find it anywhere.

Stone Temple Pilots
August 3rd, 2008, 00:30
Aya Brea on the PSP. My head is gonna explode from all this awesomeness. I haven't been this excited for a PSP game since Ape Escape.