PDA

View Full Version : GTA doesn't work with neither the Wab nor the TeamXchanger Version changer.

fpcreator2000
October 25th, 2005, 21:35
I've tried both version changers and when I try to play GTA Liberty City Stories is a "Game could not be started Error. (FFFFFFED3)". Then I went down back to the original 1.50 version and it tells me to upgrade (of course), but it seems the game itself is looking for pieces of code exclusive for the PSP 2.00 firmware. Which means a version 2.00, or no GTA for you. Damn it. Well, I believe in this scene, and I'm patient so I could wait a half a year for the crack b/c unlike a lot of other emu scenes you guys are delivering day in and day out, and I appretiate your hard work. Thank you making my PSP say "Sega" everytime I load up Sonic 3 & Knuckles (I got a lot of people to turn heads this way). Well, PEACE biatches

*o*
October 25th, 2005, 23:37
NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!!

is it safe to upgrade and re-downgrade?

regnad
October 26th, 2005, 00:07
Yes, I've been able to upgrade then downgrade (and so on) with GTA LCS. I didn't trust the v2 firmware on the umd (though I suspect it's probably safe). I used 1.5 jap fw (I think) and 2.0 "official" fw, as well as the mph downgrader.

So, yes, you can upgrade to 2.0 to play GTA then downgrade for homebrew if you like (as often as you like). Obviously, there's always a chance of fubaring you psp.

Then again, I've -never- had a bad firmware flash on any device. I suppose it's possible, but...

kurst3030
October 26th, 2005, 02:43
i love you fpc, you play my favorite most memorable game ever made.

Merkutio
October 26th, 2005, 05:14
In a way, that's exactly right. The first Rockstar videos are encoded in a format specific to the new codecs available to 2.0 and above. Unfortunately, since I am neither a talented developer nor have access to genius coders, that means I'm stuck with the tedious downgrade upgrade procedure. Here's to hoping I don't brick.

Virus
October 26th, 2005, 05:17
just wait sonyXteam will think of somthing...

Heran_Bago
October 26th, 2005, 06:08
Oh. It might be possble to play this on a 1.5. It just requires some stuff we can't discuss on this board.

ataribob
October 26th, 2005, 14:03
Don't use the 2.0 upgrade on the GTA UMD.
If Sony fixed the Wabversinchanger not to work then They Fixed the 2.0 update not to work with the downgrade.

Get the 2.0 update from psphacks.com If you want to downgrade