PDA

View Full Version : Nieko's GetRoute php is not working...

juanjavier
August 3rd, 2008, 15:35
Everytime I try to download a route from getroute.nieko.net the following appears in the
_@whatever_route file the scripts generates:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/nieko.net/htdocs/tools/getroute.php on line 74
# !WAYPOINT # !IMAGE:circle.png,

No route is downloaded. It seems strange, a few weeks ago it used to work fine...

Any idea about what's going on here?

Nieko
August 3rd, 2008, 16:22
Google apparently changed Google Maps, I'm not sure when I'll have time to take a look at it, cause I'm currently in the process of moving+working.

Nieko
August 3rd, 2008, 16:23
On second thought, it seems to work just fine here. For which addresses is it not working?

juanjavier
August 3rd, 2008, 17:10
On second thought, it seems to work just fine here. For which addresses is it not working?

---Spain is just what I've tried, which is what I use, mostly. Getroute seems to be unable to extract absolutely any address file. Keeps constantly generating .html files w/ the above message I posted.

Hope there is a solution. I rely on it **very heavily** to program my PSP GPS.

Please let us know. Regards...

juanjavier
August 3rd, 2008, 17:43
---Spain is just what I've tried, which is what I use, mostly.

Seems that Mexico (route between two streets in Tijuana), Canada (Montreal and Ottawa tested) and Europe (from Paseo de la Castellana in Madrid, Spain; to Via Alberico II in Roma, Italia) do not work as well.

Easily said, only USA seems to work.:confused:

Nieko
August 4th, 2008, 13:05
And the Netherlands :) The problem is most likely with diacritical marks, the XML parser doesn't like them anymore... I'll see what I can do.

Nieko
August 4th, 2008, 15:02
OK, so Google thought it'd be a fun idea to send partially HTML encoded data to PHP, Lynx, wget etc. No wonder PHP doesn't like it. In Opera it sends UTF-8 though...

Nieko
August 4th, 2008, 15:18
Well then, I got wget to ask for UTF-8 data, and it should work again...

juanjavier
August 4th, 2008, 15:57
Well then, I got wget to ask for UTF-8 data, and it should work again...

I gave it a try in the town where I live, near Madrid...it seems to work again.

You are great. Will keep on testing, keep you informed if anything else fails...

GetRoute is a pretty cool thing...love it.

Regards,

Juan.
Madrid, Spain.