PDA

View Full Version : Grand Theft Auto:Liberty City Stories

YourStillWithMe
October 27th, 2005, 00:38
Ok, I had to grab the review for this!! It's like. . .an honor!

Anyway here we go.

Sound-8 out of 10

Ya know how in GTA III and Vice City you wanted to skip the opening and just get right to the game because the opening song stunk with the credits? It rules in this game! Everytime I play (like once haha) i HAVE to listen to it. It sounds like a realy cool mob song that really gets you ready to input those cheats and snipe old ladys and blow up cop cars and such! The only reason this is not a 9 or a 10 is because the radio stations arent that funny or THAT good. (I need more slayer, Michael Jackson, Bryan Adams or Kchat. . ) This and San Andreas dissapointed me. If you did not like Chatterbox. . .something is wrong with you. Anyway, the gun shots, screams, explosions, and voices remind you of the good old GTA III days. (My favorite one) If you liked the sound effects and production in the 3d one your golden!

Controls-9 out of 10

This is one you probably all want to know. Theres no R2 and L2 how do i change my guns???? You use the left and right on the pad to do that and up is to activate the missions in the cars, bikes etc. R is to lock on to target (you'll use this a lot :D ) O is to shoot and beat people with a bat or gut them with a chainsaw!!! (chainsaw is one of the best. . ) X is to do the speed boost (yes the tap trick works still. . .) and triangle is to get in and out of cars and yeah its smooth people. I dont fel like doing a whole thing on the cntrols one thing you want to know is that YES YOU CAN SHOOT OFF OF BIKES IN FRONT OF YOU AND TO THE SIDE!

Multiplayer-

This part is for you! I havent tried this nor do I plan on it a lot so if you would like to do a mini review on the multiplayer in this thread than that would be good to see for others and myself as well!

Graphics-10 out of 10

Can you say A-M-A-Z-I-N-G? Rockstar worked there tush off here making sure WE WANTED TO UPGRADE (note-I don't recommend doing so yet seeing as I have 2 psp's and can risk it, wait for the crack i have high hopes that it will come) The faces look good, I havent found A LOT of glitches like in Vice City where you could die by falling into a planter and splashing! For a portable system its absoultely one of the greastest things i've ever seen. The cars look exactly like they did in III and the people on the street are very detailed. (yes there heads fall off when you snipe them in the noggin) The visuals will NOT dissapoint you my friends!

Loading Time-9 out of 10

Ok when the game first starts loding and you get your file going its the fastest i've ever seen in the GTA series, no joke. When you are doing a mission though if the person talking to you stops and shows you like where you need to go (a closeup of somebody you might have to pickup and drive somewhere) the loading is lagging but its very playabl and still very smooth. When you get on a car or bike (i havent seen on bicycles yet. . .) it loads for like 1 sec and freezes but its still cool. Those two reasons are why is not PERFECT. It's still great people!!!!!

Storyline-Find out for yourself! ;)

Replay Value-10 out of 10

I dont need to say a lot here. . .Shooting people over and over and over and over and over again, blowing up cop cars, sniping helpless people, throwing molotovs at gangs, need I say anything else. Enough Said.

Jut so you ALL KNOW incase you have not seen yet this game does not work (right now) with anything other than 2.00 DO NOT upgrade with the umd rumor has it is that it is a 2.01 update!!!!! and therefore you cannot go back. I wouldnt doubt this if it was true Sony is shady like that. . .Anyay I've tried the UMD swap, PSP SET, ALL of Sonyxteams, version changers with 7.50, 2.01 every version changers 2.00 it does not work!!! I have also tried on both of my psps!! if someone told you it has worked they are pulling your leg. Also-do not get a andom file if you think it may be a file to let you play GTA it may brick your psp and you will hate your life let the professionals deal with that crap.

For those of you that have 2.00 or above-I know you will enjoy this game as much as I do, have fun! (and dont go doing any psycho murders afterword, ok!!? thats why the U.S is sooo F'D up!)

1.50 or lower-be patient my friends, i belive this will be cracked soon!!! Death jr was, Rockman dash, madden, etc. . .when we first saw these updates on umds we thought we were all done! . . but a version changer was made and yoshiro came through like he always has be patient and if you cant be and HAVE to upgrade keep it until it has been cracked on 1.5 upgrading and downgrading is NOT safe to do a lot. You probably will end up bricking your psp after a while

BE SMART PEOPLE!!!

This has been another review by YourStillWithMe